Author Topic: Auto-playlist changes  (Read 18529 times)

redwing

i did that because i think people will get confused when they change an auto-playlist and it doesnt update the files with any changes.

I don't understand. Why will people get confused when they have that option disabled?

redwing

note it will now always refresh the playlist when "Save" is clicked in the auto-playlist edit dialog, irrespective of whether the option is enabled

Think about it. You have kept a static auto-playlist. One day you open edit dialog to enable auto-export option. When clicking save, the list gets updated even though auto-refresh option is disabled. Is that what you want? If so, why?

Steven

• Administrator
if the flag is enabled, i have changed it so the playlist only refreshes if any of the filtering conditions are changed.
Just changing the export option, or view or description wont refresh the playlist. So i have put the refresh button back in.

OOmatrixOO

Hi.
Manual refresh for a auto playlist would be very good.
I have an autoplaylist that I syncronize on my smartphone (100 randomly selected titles).
Now it is always updated when I start MusicBee or i look at it. Then the new songs are synchronized again, always if i start MusicBee.

An option to stop the automatic refresh and a manual refresh button would be the solution for me.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
That's available now.  Download the patch from earlier in the thread.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

OOmatrixOO

Ive downloaded this patch but that does not work. The list is still updated when restarting MusicBee or i switch to the list. I have unchecked "automatically refresh the matching tracks".

redwing

The list is still updated when restarting MusicBee or i switch to the list. I have unchecked "automatically refresh the matching tracks".

I see it keeps updating playlist # order inside the playlist for some reason, but the selected tracks remain the same. If your playlist doesn't work that way, can you post a screenshot of your playlist's configuration dialog?

OOmatrixOO

Hi.
This is a test playlist. If i switch between my playlists or close and restart musicbee there are always other songs in this playlist.

Steven

• Administrator
If you look in windows explorer at the MusicBee/Playlists folder, if you locate the file "<playlist name>.xautopf" there should also be a file "<playlist name>.snap" which holds the snapshot.

OOmatrixOO

And what can i do with this "<playlist name>.snap" file?

Steven

• Administrator
if the file exists and has data then there is no reason for the functionality not to work ie. i wont be able to help you

redwing

Hi.
This is a test playlist. If i switch between my playlists or close and restart musicbee there are always other songs in this playlist.

Just tried the exactly same configuration as yours, and it's working fine for me. No idea why it's not working for you.

a2a

Redwig, thank you for digging out my post before to put it forward for consideration as an application enhancement. Also for responding to my thread and pointing us here. I was unaware of this post since nothing happened on my old post.

Anyhow, thank you to Steven for taking on board our comments and factoring this in to the build.

I've downloaded the patched files enclosed in this post and given this a shot.

For me, it's not giving me the results I was looking to see. It doesn't seem to 'live update', which is what I'd like to see once a condition for the track in the smart playlist has met e.g. genere = dance, play count < 1.

Once a song has played in the list, it just sits there, even though the track has finished; for me, it should disappear and be replaced by another?

I also personally think that there should be no need to have a checkbox to say autorefresh the list, I think this is how they should work. They're generated based on certain criteria then until that's met they refresh, it doesn't make sense for tracks to disappear if you accidentally come out of its view and go back only to find you haven't even played it.

a2a

I've also noticed that when returning to the smart playlist view, MB is shuffling the order of its songs? A song that I was playing - let's say second in a list of 5 - then appeared as the 4th in the list as opposed to its original position i.e. second in the list.