Author Topic: Transfer Playlist back into ITUNES - instructions?  (Read 1498 times)

offroad

Does anyone have exact instructions on how to transfer a playlist back into ITUNES?  I think it may be as simple as EXPORT PLAYLIST from MUSICBEE then importing a playlist into itunes is not that hard.

and thanks for making MUSICBEE its just so much better than anything else, and just never realized until now when I needed to fix some really messed up ID3 tag meta data in my various MP3

--- Nevermind found my own answer.  thanks
Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:38:18 PM by offroad

Chaython

Don't mean to necro a topic, however for people who search this query at a later date.
In the side bar [default left side bar] right click your playlist  - click export playlist, save it as a .m3u where ever you choose, open itunes, then go to the folder where you saved the playlist and simply drag it into itunes.
However I really wouldn't recommend itunes. It appears, this user only wanted to reinstall itunes to add tags to his files, however there's an "auto-tag" feature within musicbee, there's also some plugins for tagging, however I would most recommend mp3tag for editing id3/mp4 or any other audio/video codec's tags, http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ mp3 tag has many more advanced tagging features, it also can tag thousands of files at once without freezing or hanging.
[PS I just reinstalled itunes because I like aac/m4a format audio, but it appears they're now using .m4p which has annoying drm, and many applications don't support the tags, also itunes constantly freezes for no reason, and uses 1.5gb of ram where as music bee rarely freezes and uses 50mb ram, itunes also runs background services(can cause conflicts with some anti cheat software from games etc, also uses more resources) and telemetry services(spy on you) The ui has also decreased in quality, and the album art, icons etc are massive.]
The latest MusicBee patches.