Author Topic: Any progress on resampling?  (Read 8235 times)

toology

It really degrades the sound on Audigy 2 cards, especially compared to foobars resampler. You said the function is already in BASS so I was wondering if there is any chance for you to look at it? Not trying to sound pushy, I'm just curious.

Steven

• Administrator
hi, yes i have started on that and hope to have it done this weekend

toology

Great, thanks a lot as always! I was also wondering, does BASS allow to switch output between 16 bit and 24 bit?

Steven

• Administrator
i've made good progress and think this is ready
http://www.mediafire.com/?mj5jtzmmyet

i've added a couple of preferences to the player options to set the resampler on and the resample rate.
I suggest though you keep a copy of your current version handy in case you want to switch back. While i was developing this i gave someone an update for something else and he started experiencing some stuttering near the start of some tracks (this is without the resampler enabled). I cant see what i did that would cause that and it doesnt happen for me, but if it does happen please let me know (or that its OK for you so i can be sure). I've added a flag to the player options to increase the buffer size if stuttering does happen and it fixed the problem for this person.

With regards to the 24bit output i need to investigate that - i think its available for ASIO output which i intend to do at a later date but not sure if it can be done otherwise. I think it can set floating point output fairly easily though
Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 10:56:50 PM by Steven

toology

Thanks a lot Steven, I'll try it out tomorrow morning and inform you how it goes!

Steven

• Administrator
regarding the 24-bit output i should mention i set the 48/96K resampler to output in floating-point format - i believe the output will get converted to 24bit if your output device supports it (otherwise to 16bit which is the normal case).
Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:38:39 AM by Steven

toology

It works great, threw a couple of songs at it without problems.  :)