Author Topic: MusicBee deleted some of my music??  (Read 1497 times)

antidoteyymbr

So I just tried playing a certain album in my library and it says source track can not be found. I go into Windows Explorer and it is missing from the folder. In fact a lot of the album tracks are missing. I have not moved my library or any files and I certainly did not delete these songs. I even listened to them a few weeks ago. I am wondering if there is a way to search musicbee for missing tracks so I can see what else it has deleted. I am pretty upset because now I have to get all these songs again because I don't think i have a backup. Any ideas what could have possibly happened?

antidoteyymbr

Wow ok nevermind. What happened was I dragged them from MusicBee (the player not windows explorer) to another folder on my desktop, thinking it would copy them like iTunes does. Nope. For some reason, it moves the actual file out of the library. Not sure why... Also, I figured this out when I closed Musicbee and opened it and it showed me the list of all those files saying they were not at their expected location. SO it looks like i answered both of my questions/issues haha.

redwing

This might help:

Drag & Drop files with MB
------------------------------
It conforms to the Windows standard behavior:

- Move to the same drive
- Copy to a different drive
- Hold Shift to force move
- Hold Ctrl to force copy