Author Topic: Request to restore functionality  (Read 3692 times)

Badchenn

I'm sad to see a feature lost in the new 1.4 version MB. I just reverted to a couple version of 1.3 to verify (1.3.4340 being the latest).

I like being able to scroll in the main album window panel by typing a letter or two on the keyboard and having the album show up. For example. I open music bee and the albums are showing the first couple rows in the A's. I type 'S' followed by 'T' and the main panel scrolls down to show and highlight 'STYX'.

This has been missing in all of the 1.4 versions I have tested.

Please consider bringing this back.

Thanks and keep up the good work.

ma_t14

As I already told you in a previous thread the functionality is there and works fine for me.

What column are you sorting with?

Badchenn

You might be on to something. My setting had been Albums by Album Artist/ Year [Ascending]. Like that it does not work. But when I switch it to Descending, the sort works in both the A-Z jumpbar and typing letters. I switch it back and it breaks.

I've tried a few different sort variations (Artist, Year, etc.) - they all seem to break when set to Sort Ascending.

ma_t14

That's funny because I have the exact same sorting and it works fine

Badchenn

I found the issue. As I messed with things, I noticed that a certain album was always in the last row to be scrolled to. It happened to start with a "Å". Once I renamed it to start with a regular "A", the program is now scrolling normally. I'm wondering if the new codebase does not handle unusual characters well?

paq

Actually I think it depends on the settting "Ignore diacritic marks when searching" (Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling).

If I remember correctly it affects both searching and listing. Set it one way and albums starting with letters such as "Å" and "Ä" will be listed first together with those of "A". Set it the other way and they will be listed last, like the letters do in the alphabet.