Author Topic: Custom Views & other questions.  (Read 17138 times)

theta_wave

EDIT: A new day, a new question. How do I get it to stop creating a new tab every time I play a playlist... It is starting to drive me insane.
Close the superfluous tabs, right click any tab and check the navigation lock settings.  It looks like one of them has "full lock" enabled.

krissasaur

EDIT: A new day, a new question. How do I get it to stop creating a new tab every time I play a playlist... It is starting to drive me insane.
Close the superfluous tabs, right click any tab and check the navigation lock settings.  It looks like one of them has "full lock" enabled.

Thanks. I changed them to 'do not lock' and that seems to be working so far!

krissasaur

I was wondering if anyone knows how I could make a new love  column.

Or if there is a way to rename existing ... tag things. I am fine with just making new ones, though.

Anyway, I am making new ones so the "Name..." of them isn't cut off.

I know how to do this, but I have run into trouble with how to make loved the last.fm loved icon.

The default tag just shows it as an empty heart, but when i tried to make one, it says 'Not loved.'

Here is what I have for it:

Anyway.. I hope this question made sense.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you give us a full window screenshot?  I'm not quite grasping what you want to do, or how you're getting the current result.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

krissasaur

Sorry about that. I will try to explain better with screen caps.

By default, if I use the "Love" tag that is shipped with Musicbee by default it looks like this. But it cuts off the "Love" header which annoys me.

So I made a new virtual tag:

But when I added it to "Set Display Feilds.." it looks liek this. It no longer has the hearts and is now text that says "Loved" and "Not Loved"

I am wondering what code I would need to add in the virtual tag windows here:

To get it to show up like the default <Love> tag.... since for some reason the <Love> tag isn't doing that.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, unique tags like Loved don't function well as virtual tags.  However, there's a much simpler solution.

If you open the "customize panel settings" window for whatever view you're in, you should see a button at the bottom left that says "configure fields".  Open that window, and you can rename any field.  It will use the new name everywhere except in the tag editor.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

krissasaur

Is there a way to set multiple hotkeys for one thing?

On winamp I had /*- on my numberpad set to previous, next, play/pause, and I also had 0+ set to previous and next. I have a MMO mouse so the 10(0 on numpad) 11(+ on numpad) and 12(- on numpad) buttons.

I don't see a way to add multiple hotkeys?

Basically I want:

/ and 0 = previous
* and + = next
- = play/pause

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You could only do this if one of them was a global hotkey (works when you're in other programs).
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

Sorry, I am back.

Is there a way to add a column for banned tracks to "Column Browser?" I can't find it.

I would like it to act kind of like the last.fm heart, but have the 🚫 symbol.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The last.fm loved column already does that (if you press shift you can ban a track and it will show the symbol).  I don't know if you can put it in the column browser, though
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

Oh! Oops hahah. I removed that column because love wasn't working well for me since my tags don't always match last.fm, so I didn't notice! I guess I will have to add it back! (And it does show on column browser as 🚫, just checked!)

Thanks! I don't know how you are always so fast, but I appreciate it!!

clandestino

I'm still struggling with this part of Musicbee, after about 5 or 6 years!

I'm not happy with my layout, but:
a) I'm not 100% sure how I want it to look, and
b) I'm 100% certain that other people out there have some fantastic layouts.

Is there an easy way for me to simply import a layout?  I've imported skins, but they just change the colour!  ;D