Author Topic: Custom Views & other questions.  (Read 17132 times)

krissasaur

I am an idiot I am sure, but I just got this app and am trying to set it up to see if I like it.

How do I save custom views? the wiki says "To save a custom view, use the 'Copy Current View Settings To...' command in the Custom Views menu." ........... Not helpful at all. Where is the menu? I have been looking for about 2 hours now so I thought I would just ask.

I tried searching the forum but only find discussions about customizing.

Also while I am at it is there any way to get album art to show in 'column browser' instead of only text???

And is there any way to have playlist not be alphabetized? I would like to be able to organize them differently.. but I guess I can use symbols or something to get them in the order I want...

I am coming from winamp and I would like to be able to do something like this re: album art and playlists:

Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:20:05 PM by krissasaur

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The menu you need for custom views is shown in the first image on this page: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Library_Context_Menu#Context_Menus.  It's at the top left of the main panel.

--

To show Album Art, use the Thumbnail Browser instead of the Column Browser.

--

You can sort by any field you like.  You can even set sort orders not based on fields in the main panel.  See this page: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Sorting_%26_Grouping.  For static playlists, you can manually reorder the tracks by setting it to "Playlist Order".
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

krissasaur

Ah, thanks. I had 'Hide Header Bar' enabled which is why I couldn't find it.

--

I cant get 'thumbnail browser' to appear where I want it (in the column browser) so that isn't really what I want, I think.

I would like to have album art in this panel, similar to how my winamp was. (And sorry some of the skin is weird, I am editing it to look like the winamp skin I made.)

I also tried to set the view to "Album" instead of 'Tracks' .... but then I can't see the tracks on the bottom unless I click things so.... nope.

--

I think you misunderstood. I want the playlists to not be in alphabetical order. Say, move the 2016 to the bottom:

I could do this in Winamp, but I cannot find a way to do this on Musicbee.
Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:38:51 PM by krissasaur

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
What you want is mostly possible, although it won't be exactly the same.  These are the major things you need to do:

*Use Album Cover view in the main panel.
**In Customize Panel Settings, set it to "show tracks for the selected album... at the bottom of the main panel" (this page is out of date, but it's the same basic settings: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Album_Covers_and_Artists_Views#Customize_Panel_Settings)
*Make the column browser vertical instead of horizontal (then the thumbnail browser will appear right next to them, if you still want it)

--

You're right, I misunderstood.  There's no good way to reorder playlists, but I believe there have been wishlist requests that you could +1.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

This is so annoying because it ALMOST does what I want it too.... But this isn't going to work either. I need to be able to see all of the tracks outside of albums. (So like, if I clicked on the artist, I will see all tracks by that artist, and then if I click the album art, just that album, etc.)

Maybe in a future update support could be added for "Album Covers" in column browser? That would honestly solve everything. (And I did try this and it just gave me an "Unknown Artwork" error.)

--

Ah, okay! I will just go crazy with symbols then to force the order. (I do that with Steam categories already, so not too big of a deal.)

--

Sorry for asking really basic and obvious stuff by the way, but I really appreciate your help! I think I am going to stick with this player, for not at least. For the most part I am happy with how I have gotten the library to look. (Album art thoughhhhhh.... I will get over it...) It also has a few features I always wanted from winamp so... overall.. I am torn now. Hah. But Musicbee has support so I should at least try and get use to it I think.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure what you mean by "see all the tracks outside of albums", but I suggest experimenting a little more with the settings.  It's very likely that you'll find something that does what you want.  Perhaps Album & Tracks view, or maybe if you choose "show tracks below albums" instead of "at the bottom of the main panel".  You might also investigate the Library Explorer.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

When I click on the artist I want to see all of the albums, and all of the tracks, at the same time. What you told me to do shows albums until I click on an album, and then it shows the tracks. It removes the way to see all tracks without clicking albums.

Maybe an image will help explain.

Albums and Tracks kind of does what I want I guess... but its hideous to look at with all the space in between albums.

Also, my left and right panels keep resizing when I open the program? (How I want them.) Why won't they stay how I put them? This may be a deal breaker for me if they can't lock.

--

EDIT: I somehow managed to deleted my first edit. I want a way to refresh changes I make in mp3tag in Musicbee in the background. Winamp has this option I always would use.

EDIT 2: I found how to make it do this in the background, though I still need to click proceed........... but it isn't updating the tag changes I am making... idk. The tags on the left are the only ones on the file. I went in and manually cleared out everything else. I don't understand where the extra album artist tag is coming from unless this (insert) isn't how you refresh tags on Musicbee?

EDIT 3: I just closed and reopened it to see if that would fix the tags and... it resized the left and right columns again.....

EDIT 4: I am seriously so confused where the Japanese album Artist tags are coming from I cannot find them anywhere in my files.....? I can just remove then in Musicbee... but I don't want to have to do that every time I get a new album that I already ran through mp3tag.... I am baffled.

EDIT 5: Okay, I found this finally. Finally it makes more sense. I guess I will just need to find a way to remove APE tags? Is there a way that I could just disable them in Musicbee?

EDIT 6: Leaving this here in case anyone who finds this thread needs it. I would still like a way to disable APE in Musicbee if possible.
Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:28:42 AM by krissasaur

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When I click on the artist I want to see all of the albums, and all of the tracks, at the same time. What you told me to do shows albums until I click on an album, and then it shows the tracks. It removes the way to see all tracks without clicking albums.

Gotcha.  That should go on the wishlist, I think.

Also, my left and right panels keep resizing when I open the program? (How I want them.) Why won't they stay how I put them? This may be a deal breaker for me if they can't lock.

If it's doing this without you resizing the window or something, make a bug report.

EDIT: I somehow managed to deleted my first edit. I want a way to refresh changes I make in mp3tag in Musicbee in the background. Winamp has this option I always would use.

EDIT 2: I found how to make it do this in the background, though I still need to click proceed........... but it isn't updating the tag changes I am making... idk. The tags on the left are the only ones on the file. I went in and manually cleared out everything else. I don't understand where the extra album artist tag is coming from unless this (insert) isn't how you refresh tags on Musicbee?

Files in monitored folders (see Library Preferences) should be refreshed automatically when changes outside of MB.  If they're not, use right click > Send To > File Rescan rather than Insert.  (You can assign this command to a button or hot key.)

EDIT 4: I am seriously so confused where the Japanese album Artist tags are coming from I cannot find them anywhere in my files.....? I can just remove then in Musicbee... but I don't want to have to do that every time I get a new album that I already ran through mp3tag.... I am baffled.

Use the tag inspector to check what's actually in the file: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tagging#Tag_Inspector.  I promise MusicBee isn't adding any tags without your input.  It might be that there's an extra or alternate Album Artist field in there somewhere.  There are others here who use MP3tag, so they might have some input too.
Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:36:37 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

I think the file scan thing is what I wanted, so thanks!! (EDIT: Yep, its working!!)

Thank you again! Do you happen to know of a way to disable APE tags? I figured out that that was what was causing my issues.

Also I apologize if I am annoying you at all! I really appreciate you!
Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 01:38:07 AM by krissasaur

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You're welcome!  I only know of disabling ID3v1 tags, not sure about APE... does MP3tag have a setting for that?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

krissasaur

I can remove them in mp3tag completely, but I will have to look into making an action for that, I guess. I was just hoping I could ignore their existence all together haha. Its fine though! (Unless someone knows how, please tell!! haha)

EDIT: Actually I have another question. I want to use the mini player... but I don't like how it hides the controls when I stop hovering. Anyway to disable this auto hide thing?

Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:09:13 AM by krissasaur

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
Actually I have another question. I want to use the mini player... but I don't like how it hides the controls when I stop hovering. Anyway to disable this auto hide thing?
You could try the narrow layout.
It doesn't have the artwork, but the controls are always displayed.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator

Maybe an image will help explain.
the music explorer panel will do something like that

Sofocl

When I moved from Winamp to MusicBee, it was hard to get used to the new behavior.
Unequivocally +1.
Sorry for my bad English.