Author Topic: CD Burner Not Working  (Read 2973 times)

Zawinul

Hello. When I try to burn a track or album on to a blank CD I get the error message, "Burn failed with the following error: The DVD structure is not present. This may be caused by incompatible drive/medium usage."

I'm not burning a DVD. The music that I'm trying to burn is not from a DVD. I tried using other blank CD brands and I get the same error message. Please help me correct this error.
Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:00:46 AM by Zawinul

Steven

• Administrator
The CD burner is using a windows API and there isn't any error checking done by MusicBee itself so I wont be able to help ie. the error message comes from windows.
I suggest you try googling the error message to see if that provides any more clues

Zawinul

Hi Steven,
Thank you for your reply. I googled the error message before I posted my problem on this forum, to no avail. Do you think that it could have anything to do with the new version of Musicbee? I didn't have this problem a few weeks ago, before the last two recent upgrades. If so, then is there a way to download a recent past version of Musicbee without losing my library and settings? If that doesn't work, then would reverting back to a recent version of Windows possibly work? I know that there was a big Windows update a week or two ago. Thank you.
Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 06:13:41 PM by Zawinul

phred

• Global Moderator
As Steven said, the error is coming from Windows, not MB. I just googled the error message and the first hit led me to this:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/cc835244(v=vs.85).aspx

When the page loads, look for the error and you'll find this:
The DVD structure is not present. This may be caused by incompatible drive/medium used.

I'm using the latest patch version of MB (3.0.6139) and burned a disc over the weekend with no problems.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Zawinul

Hi Phred,
I see the error (E_IMAPI_RECORDER_DVD_STRUCTURE_NOT_PRESENT(HRESULT)0xC0AA020E) on that page that you linked, but I do not see a solution. I do have the latest version of MusicBee and Windows 10. Perhaps I should post my problem to the Windows Community Forum?

Steven

• Administrator
i doubt anyone on this forum will be able to help you.
My guess is your discs are not formatted correctly

Zawinul

Hi Steven,
I've never had a problem with these discs before. I posted my problem on the Windows 10 Forum. I sincerely thank you for your help!

Zawinul

Now no CDs or DVDs are being recognized by my laptop, so I suspect that this is a hardware issue. I thank all of you who tried to help me!