Author Topic: Newbee Question  (Read 1596 times)

Trevor Dommett

Hi folks,

I hope this will be a straightforward question, and apologise if this has been covered before.

I have a large (450gb) music collection, and am intending to primarily use Musicbee to manage my music so that I can play it in the car.

I have a 32gb memory stick for use in the car, which I used to populate on Windows Media Player by simply dragging and dropping selected albums from the dashboard onto the stick.  I listen to whole albums at a time, and like to carry a rotating selection on the memory stick (updated every now and then for new purchases).

Simply, can Musicbee do this?  It was always so much easier and quicker than having to drag and drop tracks from folders.

Thanks

Steven

• Administrator
you should be able to. Open the left navigator panel and drag the files to the device node or drag them from musicbee to a folder on the device in windows explorer

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Personally, I have found that creating playlists for specific devices streamlines the sync process. I edit the playlist when I need to clear space to include different music.

For example, my phone does not have expandable storage, but it's my bluetooth source when I'm on the go. I have a playlist called Phone which I drag albums or tracks to and then I select all of the tracks in the playlist to see how much storage it will use. If I need to trim some fat, I just remove tracks or albums from the playlist and check again.

Then, it's just sync as normal.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Trevor Dommett

Thanks guys.  I tried following Steven's advice, but unfortunately, whatever albums I drag across, they get split up so that all the tracks beginning 01 are listed first, then 02 and 03 and so on.  I haven't had time to try the playlist route suggested by CritterMan, but will play with that next.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
The drag and drop function does not preserve folder structure. You will need to create folders and drop them in manually if you want them organized that way. Drag and drop is a manual process, the sync method is automatic and can preserve folder structure. Definitely post any questions you have about syncing.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6