Author Topic: several issues in portable version.  (Read 1230 times)

barlet

I have met several issue in the portable version of MB and which are not present in the desktop version. First of all, the biography is blocked. No information is shown with the message that no biography can be found. This is for all artists. Secondly, the web browser crashes the programm when changing tabs.

Is there a way to increase the font in the last-fm recommended tab?

When on deletes a list from the playing list, the last one selected goes to the end of the playlist. To make matter worse, it is played next. Is there a way around it?

Finally, is the portable MB version 2.5 available somewhere? It was the best version yet and if available, I would gladly revert to it.

Thanks anyone who can come up with practical work-arounds.

- Albert

redwing

Never heard that a portable MB has more issues than a standard installation. Unless you have installed the portable version in some special folders, it's unlikely those issues are caused by using a portable version.
I saw your previous bug report, and if that's related it could be one of your plugins is doing. Try a clean install without any plugins enabled. And if that works fine, enable plugins one by one to find out which one is causing the issue.

Steven

• Administrator
Also I suggest you update to the latest patch version from the first forum topic which at least addresses the artist biography

barlet

I installed the latest patch version as you suggested and it works like magic now! The only plug-ins I installed in the portable version are Last-FM Recommendations and the Web Browser, both of which I need badly. They now both work fine. Thanks Steven for great work.  :)