Author Topic: Artist picture in the main panel  (Read 8565 times)

redwing

Would be great if artist picture element could be placed in the main panel.

Like the mockup, when it's placed at the top of the main panel, it would look better without its own header bar.

Also please add picture managing context menu commands (next picture, save artist picture, etc.) to artist picture element as well.

fabulario

+1

Or something like the top of the music explorer:

(Redwing, excuse me for using your mockup)

redwing

Or something like the top of the music explorer:

I don't get the point. What would be different from using music explorer node?

fabulario

Unless I have not been able to find these options, in the music explorer you can't use the thumbnails browser, and can't hide the column with the most played/rated songs.
(By the way, adding these options to the explorer would make me very happy  8) )

I do not intend to add the music explorer options (like artists, profile, etc.) to the main panel.

I propose to use only the aesthetics of music explorer (the bar and the photo of the artist, and maybe the genres and years) as an alternative to the photo of the artist that you propose. So I've used your mockup.
Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:11:05 PM by fabulario

Steven

• Administrator

Unless I have not been able to find these options, in the music explorer you can't use the thumbnails browser, and can't hide the column with the most played/rated songs.
i will do the original request for v3.1, but for v3.0 & v3.1, i have decided to enhance the filter panel in the Music Explorer so you can now optionally show the artist pictures in the filter panel, and equally for the thumb browser displayed in the normal main panel you can just show text only without a thumbnail.
Its already the case the Top Tracks/ Rating panel can be hidden - I think i only recently did that. Just click the "Artist Information" menu in the music explorer main panel header.
Although I have tested it myself, I would appreciate others testing it as well

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

edit:
there is one small bug where the top of the filter panel is showing "All Artists". I will fix that so its not displayed
thats fixed now
Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:17:16 PM by Steven

fabulario

It works perfectly.
Thank you very much, Steven. For me this is a great improvement  :)

redwing

Great improvement!

Just click the "Artist Information" menu in the music explorer main panel header.

This is not obvious. Now I can see why new users are missing clicking on main panel header button. How about always showing the checkmark as before?

Steven

• Administrator
updated to improve synchronisation when tags are changed in other tabs or files added/removed to the library

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

redwing

Can you improve the behavior of music explorer tab when it's locked? It doesn't change at all unlike now playing tab with changed node and changed playing track. If you open a new music explorer tab, it's all updated but not the locked one.

Steven

• Administrator
Can you improve the behavior of music explorer tab when it's locked? It doesn't change at all unlike now playing tab with changed node and changed playing track. If you open a new music explorer tab, it's all updated but not the locked one.
i am not sure i understand what you mean by "music explorer tab when it's locked"
if you are refering to not changing the selected artist when the song changes, thats intentional

redwing

Steven

• Administrator
I am still not understanding the point or issue you are raising. When I pin (or Navigation Lock) the Music Explorer tab, i dont see any unexpected behavior, nor any difference as compared to the Now Playing tab (or any other tab for that matter)

In what way do you think it should change when the playing track changes?

redwing

if you are refering to not changing the selected artist when the song changes, thats intentional

I understand it keeps the selected artist as long as you stay in the node (tab). But once you leave from the node and come back, shouldn't it change to the playing artist? Because that's how the node works if you open a new music explorer tab.
Not only selected artist but the list of artists in filtering panel as well doesn't change when the node is pinned even when you're coming from a different library filter.

Steven

• Administrator
I understand what you are saying now. I probably wont change anything for v3 though