Author Topic: lyrics embedded or not?  (Read 4508 times)

Adson

I would like to know if it is possible to see if lyrics that are shown in the lyrics panel are already embedded in the music file or not?

I found out that it is very easy to embed lyrics in music files via right mouse click in the lyrics panel. Unfortunately it seems that one can not see, if the lyrics are already embedded or not.

A.

Antonski

Yes, it would be good to have an indicator about the lyrics source. In case that displayed lyrics are not embedded and not read from a file, maybe the source site can be shown as well?
Probably this topic has to be moved to the wishlist?

Adson

Since it seems not to be easy to add this feature, I would like to know if it is possible to auto retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track. I think it such a feature would be helpful for those songs that have no lyrics at all. If not already possible, please add this to the wish list.

Thank you :-)

A.

Antonski

There is a way, anyway.
In main panel you could add as a last column 'Lyrics' (in 'Album and Tracks' or 'Track Detail views). It is not necessary this column to be too wide, just to see few characters of the lyrics, if any.
In now playing list yo can do the same trick.
Last, you can add a field in the playing track information pane.All this is just a workaround that I use, but... it doesn't work well with mp3.
In my configuration only sysnced lyrics embedded in a mp3 file are displayed.
This is not a big problem for me, because I don't have many mp3's (mostly musepack and ogg), and most of the lyrics are synced, but in your case it may not work well.

Adson

There is a way, anyway.
In main panel you could add as a last column 'Lyrics' (in 'Album and Tracks' or 'Track Detail views). It is not necessary this column to be too wide, just to see few characters of the lyrics, if any.
In now playing list yo can do the same trick.

Thank you very much for your advice. This is a useful workaround that works for me.  :)

A.