Author Topic: Album Art Problems With New User, Etc.  (Read 1274 times)

XrayDoc88

1. I just installed MusicBee.  I have all of my music in WMA Lossless on a Windows Home Server box on my wired network.  I have all of my album art as "Folder.jpg" files within the individual album folders.  I had MusicBee create my library using this network share.  The music files play fine, but there is no displayed cover art.  What do I need to do to have the "Folder.jpg" images display in the library?  I don't want to download new artwork from the internet.  I just want to use what I already have.

2. I don't fully understand what happens to your music file if you "embed" artwork.  I've been reluctant to do that since I use fairly big album art files (around 300 KB) and don't like the idea of duplicating this file in every single song.  Also, I don't know if embedded art can  be easily removed or changed from a music file.  Does anyone have advice on the handling of album artwork?

3. Finally, I noticed a MusicBee option to embed lyrics.  How much space does this typically add to a song and do embedded lyrics ever cause compatibility problems when playing back on other devices?

Thanks!

theta_wave

1. I just installed MusicBee.  I have all of my music in WMA Lossless on a Windows Home Server box on my wired network.  I have all of my album art as "Folder.jpg" files within the individual album folders.  I had MusicBee create my library using this network share.  The music files play fine, but there is no displayed cover art.  What do I need to do to have the "Folder.jpg" images display in the library?  I don't want to download new artwork from the internet.  I just want to use what I already have.

2. I don't fully understand what happens to your music file if you "embed" artwork.  I've been reluctant to do that since I use fairly big album art files (around 300 KB) and don't like the idea of duplicating this file in every single song.  Also, I don't know if embedded art can  be easily removed or changed from a music file.  Does anyone have advice on the handling of album artwork?

3. Finally, I noticed a MusicBee option to embed lyrics.  How much space does this typically add to a song and do embedded lyrics ever cause compatibility problems when playing back on other devices?

Thanks!
Welcome,

1) CTRL+O (preferences) > Tags (1) > Artwork Storage > "set which pictures are displayed" > edit > check Folder.jpg and set that as the top spot.

2) No need to embed artwork if they are already in the same folder as the music files so long as your file organization ends up being one folder per album (see #1 on how to set up your artwork display).  You will have problems if you threw everything together in one folder.

3) The amount of space added by embedded lyrics should be de minimis and it should not cause any playback problems in devices.  The only issue off the top of my head is if you have synced lyrics (lyrics with timestamps), some applications do not support synced lyrics.  When you view your lyrics in said applications, the timestamps will be displayed next to the lyrics otherwise playback should remain unaffected.
Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 06:26:29 PM by ssri