Author Topic: Scanning and adding music: Musicbee has its own agenda  (Read 2313 times)

caverness

For the past week or so, automatic scanning/updating/moving songs has been a complete nightmare.

When I have an entire folder selected to scan (or moniter), Musicbee will pull two songs out of eight in that album/folder to add and move them properly. Often it will leave one or two songs in the original folder, so I don't always notice they're missing from an album right away. And why it does is beyond me. Same file type, not corrupted, not within another folder. I'm really trying here.

Also often I'll 'scan folders for new files', make no changes, keep the same necessary folders selected... and Musicbee forgets 2/3 of my music library. It's not recognizing music IT sorted into its OWN folders. No, the problem isn't having those folders unselected, and it only forgets a little over half of them.
Even when every single folder within my user is selected, making sure I haven't dumped music somewhere, I get "the following files no longer exist at their expected location - remove them from the library?" and I'm pulling my hair out over it.
I tried removing all of the music and placing it all together, open, in the Music folder, and letting Musicbee recognize and re-sort the files. Worked for most of it, but the next time I tried to scan I get the same error.

Am I just stupid? Is there something I'm missing?
Please help me.

caverness

Also I now have a secondary problem due to resorting the music I put all in the same place - there was exactly one sneaky cover.jpg in there with them, and Musicbee saw that and added it to every song without album art. I tried auto assigning art after that but it hardly helped. How do I fix that on many, many songs?

El Chapin

Just curious, did you ever get this sorted out? Or did you give up on MusicBee?  I'm trying to convert to MusicBee because of its great reviews and it sounded much simpler than MediaMonkey I've used before. But, I've been working with it for 3 days now and Library is still not functioning right. 

And I get the ""following files no longer exist at their expected location - remove them from the library?" error that you also were getting.