Author Topic: artwork album view suggestions  (Read 2180 times)

eutow

I've come across a problem with classical music in album view. Because of the long track titles ("Symphony no.9 in e minor "From the New World": 3. Scherzo: Molto vivace", for example) the titles are often cut off, and I can't tell apart the different movements except by their position in the list. Adding an option to stretch the title area would be great, and I'm sure it would be useful to other users as well. An another option that I'd like is to use the old (2.5, iirc) song positioning for albums with multiple discs. I personally find this new organization really weird, the older style just with spaces and no reordering is simpler and nicer. These shouldn't be too difficult to add, no?

StefanIvanovic

+1

Album name text could be wrapped and shown in two rows if that long, instead of being cut-off after extending width limit, this should be an easy fix.

MeeMeeMee

I think you're doing it "wrong". Track title "should be the movement, i.e. "Scherzo: Molto vivace" (3 being the track number). and "Symphony no.9 in e minor "From the New World" "should" go into grouping.
MusicBee 3.5.8516 / Windows 10 (64-bit) / Intel i5-3470 / 8GB RAM
Media on NAS (CIFS share)
20K+ tracks, predominantly FLAC ; converted to mp3 (lame -V 0) when synced to a Cowon D2+
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Get the latest patch: https://getmusicbee.com/patches/

Sofocl

+1

Album name text could be wrapped and shown in two rows if that long, instead of being cut-off after extending width limit, this should be an easy fix.

+1
Sorry for my bad English.

theta_wave

Is the help balloon that pops up over long track names not sufficient?

Or set a custom view tailored to classical music, here's what mine looks like:

Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:31:14 PM by ssri

Sofocl

Insufficient )
I would like the same settings for the tracks:

Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:53:12 AM by Sofocl
Sorry for my bad English.

eutow

I think you're doing it "wrong". Track title "should be the movement, i.e. "Scherzo: Molto vivace" (3 being the track number). and "Symphony no.9 in e minor "From the New World" "should" go into grouping.
I've never seen this tagging system before and I'm not keen on relabelling my whole library.

Not really, it takes some time to show up, and it lacks clarity.

Or set a custom view tailored to classical music, here's what mine looks like:
This is actually great! I worked a bit with the filters and ended up with a similar setup that I love. Thank you.
The options I proposed still wouldn't hurt, but this alternative is good enough. :)