Author Topic: [Fixed] Rating error on side bar  (Read 2357 times)

Godmcgarvey

I have set the right side bar up to show various information one of which is track rating.

If the track has no rating it shows the 5 stars as greyed out as expected.

If I then rate it the correct rating shows in the main window, also in the edit properties of the song but the right side bar shows the "bomb" symbol regardless of the rating I give it
Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:37:45 PM by Godmcgarvey

Steven

• Administrator
i have never seen such behavior nor has it been reported before. Also i would have expected that would be something you would have noticed long ago so I suspect you are missing reporting something you have changed recently eg. are you actually displaying the track rating and not some virtual field marked as a data type of rating; are you showing the playing track or selected tracks and if its selected tracks then do you have the edited track selected (and only that track); does it remain the case on restart

Godmcgarvey

Maybe I didn't explain fully

I have two Musicbee installations, on my desktop PC and on my laptop. Both were running 3.0.6014

On both of these I have an auto-playlist that, amongst others, picks up a selection tracks that have not been rated yet. Any non rated tracks that have been played twice are then picked up by a further playlist to remind me they have been played but not yet rated.

As such I rate tracks on an almost daily basis.

I do not normally routinely apply patches unless there has been a problem I've noticed, if it's not broke don't fix it was what I was always told.

Yesterday I decided as I had not patch Musicbee for a while so maybe I should so did this for the laptop which is now running 3.0.6104.

This was when I noted almost immediately that it was not accepting the a new rating on the right panel. On further experimenting I have noticed that the "bomb" only appears on the Now Playing window, on the normal Main window the rating stays greyed out.

This shows an unrated track

This shows the track as rated in the Main window but rating not showing on right panel

This shows same track in Now Playing window with the "bomb"

I realise it maybe caused by missing a few patches in between but dont fancy doing a re-install from scratch

Steven

• Administrator
the 2nd screenshot would only happen for the very first track you play (if not then let me know)
the 3rd, i can see a recent change made that would affect the display of the track rating
both are fixed for the next v3 patch update

Godmcgarvey

Apologies but not quite sure what you mean by "the 2nd screenshot would only happen for the very first track you play (if not then let me know)"

Hopefully you mean this..

I revisited and did the same experiment as above and the rating was greyed out as before, next track played the rating showed a "bomb" when rated. Is this what you were expecting?

Thank you for your response