Author Topic: How to sort Musicbee library like Foobar's default folder structure setup?  (Read 4208 times)

Acry

I have my music collection sorted like this
Main Folder -> 2x Folders that separate japanese music and english music -> Artist -> Album -> Songs
This is all manually setup and perfect. The tags/etc on them are all completely wrong and that would take way too much time fixing, so my folder structure is perfect and I want it to ignore every other element.

Example from Foobar that is out of the box with no customization at all.

So, I would like to expand those folders in this panel on Musicbee like that. I already have a virtual tag that brings it down to folder
$Split(<Path>,\,3)

as shown here:

and keep it exactly how Foobar shows due to my organization in folder structures. I don't want anything from the tags or any defining element to the songs EXCEPT folder structure
Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 10:24:03 AM by Acry

Aevaris

Why not use MB or MP3tag to add a genre (or some other virtual tag) to them to split them with? Then you could have a playlist that splits them based on "contains genre X" very easily. Adding a genre would take a few minutes and then done.

theta_wave

Why not use MB or MP3tag to add a genre (or some other virtual tag) to them to split them with? Then you could have a playlist that splits them based on "contains genre X" very easily. Adding a genre would take a few minutes and then done.
Agreed.  

To the OP, there's a computer node down the left panel where you can access your folder structure directly.  Also, you will miss out on quite a few powerful features of MB (and FB2K) that are dependent on having your music tagged correctly.
Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 04:45:51 AM by ssri

Acry

The issue with tagging is it doesn't fit what I want exactly. I tend to play music based on English and Jap on randomize. This is why they are split like that in the picture. There is however problems with non-native language taggings on a bunch of japanese music.

Simply adding a tag in order to get some sort of sorting would not get the arrangement I am wanting unless I individually fixed every tag and put correct bands and albums (some of which I don't even know the name of!)

@Ssri I'm okay with that. I run Foobar2000 out of the box with folder structure and I haven't found myself wanting more than that. MusicBee has the perks of having a lot of extra cool stuff for the stuff that is fine with the tags they have. I found how to access that (but couldn't find the icon that was talked about?) it doesn't do exactly what I'm wanting though - it works however.
Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 03:59:00 AM by Acry

theta_wave

Computer node:

I never used FB2K's folder implementation, but for MB you'd probably like to include files from subfolders:

Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 07:51:04 AM by ssri