Author Topic: SSH Library Plugin, little stuck  (Read 3068 times)

terids

Hello,

So I have a bunch of music on my linux server, and I wanted to write a plugin to grab links to those files and add them to the MusicBee library on my Windows box. I am currently using SSH.NET to open a connection to the linux box and grab a list of all of the audio tracks, which I then add to the MusicBee inbox. They do get added to the inbox, however it fails to play the files and the tags aren't getting read in for artist etc.

I am currently adding the file in this format: "ssh://" + Username + "@" + Server + ":" + Port + PathToSong;

If someone could point me in the right direction with this, it would be much appreciated. I feel it may not be possible via SSH in this way, but I'm sure there is a way?

For clarity: I am trying to stream these files from the linux server, not copy to my computer.

Steven

• Administrator
could you try the latest patch version to see if some changes made help:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_0/MusicBee3_Patched.zip

unzip, then copy and replace the existing musicbee application files

terids

Steven

• Administrator
it looks like the bass library does not directly support that protocol.
One option you might look at is the storage API functionality. Check out what MidWan did with the subsonic plugin - it has open source code you can look at

terids

Thanks a lot dude, I'll look into that. And thanks for MusicBee, best music manager ever! (and I've tried them all)