Author Topic: PODCAST DOWNLOAD FOLDER PROBLEMS......WHY THEY SHOW UP HERE AND NOT THERE?  (Read 1915 times)

redbird7700

The problem:  Podcast subscriptions and where they are downloading and not showing up in Subscriptions listings....

If I look at a particular Podcast Subscription listing, it only shows 2 podcasts have downloaded.

Now if I go to the drive where the download folder is for that particular Podcast that is listed in my Podcast library, it shows 20+ downloads.

It was not always like this.  I would say maybe the last 3-4 versions is when this got messed up.  

I am using V 3.0.5995 on a Win 10 machine.  

What causes this issue and how can it be fixed?

(I do have screenshots of what I am trying to get across here, but do not see a way to upload them on here.)

Thank You!

hiccup

Why do you use caps-lock, and the bold texts?
That's usually considered shouting, and might work contra-productive here too.

Steven

• Administrator
i suggest you update to the latest patch version which is availble from the first forum topic.
Once you are using that version, you can drag the files from windows explorer into the relevant subscription in the musicbee podcasts panel

redbird7700

hiccup,

Please, pardon me.

I am a newbie on here and we all make mistakes.

I did not know that using certain texts was not acceptable on here. 
I thought I read the "Read this before posting" and I honestly did not see that Caps & Bold text were listed
as "Do Not not use".
But if this is the rule on this forum, I certainly will abide by it.

I do apologize for this error on my end.

I am here to read, learn and fix problems associated with the wonderful program MusicBee.
I have no intentions of offending, stepping on any ones toes, or causing a disruption, in anyway.

I think the reason I use "Caps & Bold Text" has become a second nature thing because of having to write so many emails to Tech Support Depts. over the years.
I found that a lot of the time, they do not listen to, maybe 50% of the issue I am even writing them about.

I guess I have gotten use to using "bold" text in the most important areas, to get and keep their attention, so I am not
wasting their time or mine, and that they respond in a timely fashion with a good resolution to whatever the issue.

For me, It just seems to work better.  I don't have to re-hash the issue/s over and over with them.  Most seem to get it the first
time around.

Just an explanation as to why I used it here and believed it was acceptable.

Thank You and the very best to you and yours!

boroda

redbird7700, just for the record: using caps in topic subject definitely means shouting.

hiccup

Please, pardon me.
I am a newbie on here and we all make mistakes.

Hey redbird7700

Thanks for your response. I am sorry if I perhaps came over a bit too strong with my brief reply.
It's just I have been using many fora, for many years, and then you start assuming that things like CAPS LOCKS behavior is just common knowledge for everybody, and when somebody uses it, it is on purpose trying to give their issue more attention than those from other members. Which as you reminded me does not have to be the case for newbees.
Anyway, enjoy your stay, welcome to the club, and many happy postings!

redbird7700

hiccup,

I hear you, and considering I have never been a moderator in a forum, I do understand a fair amount of what you are saying.

I can see, now that it has been brought to my attention, where "caps & bold text" could come across in a way that could be
considered as rude or demanding, etc.
I get ya.

Honestly, this was a good thing to be brought out....for me anyway.  
I have learned something here that I think is important for learning how people's feelings and attention can be strongly
affected by simple text in different ways.  
I personally have taken this for granted somewhat and now I hope not to anymore.

Thanks for the lesson and yes I will greatly appreciate and enjoy my time here and hope to learn a lot.

The best to you and yours!