Author Topic: UI behavior when user browse settings ?  (Read 1613 times)

whismerhill

hi,
might not be a bug per se, but it's definetely a weird behavior
I'm not sure how to describe it so here's an example :
-step 1 click "configure layout"
-step 2 click the "playing tracks" settings button
-step 3 click the "arrange panels" button

-step 4 now make a modification such as : remove a panel "playing tracks" for example (just uncheck it)
-step 5 click "save" notice: your UI modification is validated & saved
-step 6 click "save" & "save" again
-and there you just reverted your UI modification

why ? because there was two "arrange panels" settings windows open, you modified the arrangement on the last one, but that didn't change the first "arrange panels/configure layout" settings, therefore clicking save on that last one reverts any changes you made

now... this is relatively minor, I mean I got trapped by this once, I won't be trapped again ;) also the user should probably just cancel the last two windows  (but if he made modifications on the 3 of those he might be confused as to where & when to save...)

suggestion : restrict "layout/arrange panels" windows to only 1 open at a time, meaning when you click on arrange panels at "step 3" the "step 1" window should be brought up again ???

note: other ways could probably be thought of, if you deem the "issue" worth it.

Steven

• Administrator
although i havent tested it, what you say sounds plausible.
Enabling "Arrange Panels" in step 3 is an oversight and i will change it so the button is not accessible in the sequence you describe

whismerhill

although i havent tested it, what you say sounds plausible.
Enabling "Arrange Panels" in step 3 is an oversight and i will change it so the button is not accessible in the sequence you describe
*bows* :)