Author Topic: Album art corruption issues  (Read 4347 times)

inazuma11

MusicBee keeps saying, for a few files, that the artwork is corrupted or inaccessible. However, MediaMonkey and Groove Music both show the artwork properly. Adding the artwork again helps for a while but then it'll say it's corrupted again.

Steven

• Administrator
if the artwork is embeded in a music file then can you PM me a link to one of the files.
If its in the folder, i guess its possible MB is loading a different picture to the other applications depending on your artwork settings in the Tags(1) preferences tab

inazuma11

Hi Steven,

Yes, they are embedded through MediaMonkey (and I attempted to embed through MusicBee too). Here are two of the files I have noticed that regularly have corruption issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5p8foowera93cde/Chrysalis.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2q9oauwc62fdpe1/We%20Are%20The%20Lights.mp3?dl=0

These have covers I made and added myself, but whenever I play them in MusicBee it says the art is corrupted (when I look at the Properties window of the track) and instead shows the original cover (presumably from online). Re-adding the art through MediaMonkey or MusicBee doesn't help; the issue comes up again.

Thanks.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Could be the size of those embedded images.
I removed them from the files, reduced them to 1800x1800 and saved them as jpgs.
Embedded them back in with MB.
Seems to be working OK at the moment.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

inazuma11

Oh, I see. Thanks, I'll try using more compressed options. I'm not sure if this is the only reason though, since I have quite a few other tracks with similarly sized album arts and file sizes (some larger too) and they haven't had any problems yet.

It seems to be working for now, but sometimes it'd take a while, even when I embedded the same image again, before I got the message again, so I'll see.
Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 01:39:49 AM by inazuma11

redwing

Looks like an DPI issue. Both images are 1 DPI resolution. Re-saving them 96 DPI sorted it out.

Note: I noticed track info panel can show the 1-dpi image on playing track mode, not on selected track mode. Also album art on player bar shows the cover regardless.

inazuma11

That's odd, because Photoshop is telling me they're both 72 DPI. I'll try re-exporting them as 96 DPI.

Steven

• Administrator
the issue is because MB has some validation checks in place so it doesnt run out of memory if the artwork is corrupted.
The file sizes of the pictures are exceeding that sanity check so i have bumped up the upper limit and the artwork will load ok (although the pictures are massive and will take a lot of memory when they are displayed)
Thats done for the next v3 patch update