Author Topic: Auto organise library feature improvments  (Read 2128 times)

Deb1995

Hello, I'm new to this forum. So sorry, if I started this thread under the wrong category.
I just recently started using the musicbee and I'm stuck with the auto organise feature. Can I use  my own Code to organise my library? I did this with the  MediaMonkey to organise my library.

Here is the Code which I previously used,

FOLDER STRUCTURE: "$if(<Album Artist>=Various Artists,Various\$if(<Grouping>=Mixtape,Mixtape\<Album>,$if(<Genre>=Soundtrack,Soundtracks\<Album>,<Album>)),<Album Artist>\$if(<Album>=Single,Single\<Title>,<Album>))\$if(<Disc#>,CD <Disc#:2>)"

FILE NAME: <Track#:2> $left(<Title>,120)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

This is possible, and it's a very similar feature.  These pages should help:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/File_Organization
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Function
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theta_wave

Can I use  my own Code to organise my library? I did this with the  MediaMonkey to organise my library.
Oh, hell yes (myself being an ex-Mediamonkey user).

Here's my file organizer rule below (CTRL+R, like in Mediamonkey).  As you can see, it can be as simple or complicated as your use case.  As for mine, it is to keep the legacy directory organization I had going with Mediamonkey for several years.  I add exceptions when I don't feel like updating this monster.  If your rule is going to be pretty long, better use something like Notepad++ to keep functions straight :)

Code: Folder
I:\
Code: Template
$If($Or(<Genre>="Anime",<Genre>="Game"),"Soundtrack - "<Genre>,$If(<Genre>="Soundtrack",<Genre>,$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Brian Eno",$Contains(<Album Artist>,"Brian Eno")="T"),"Brian Eno",$If($Or(<Genre>="CPop",<Genre>="CRock"),Chinese,$If($Or(<Genre>="Alternative",<Genre>="Rock"),"Alternative and Rock",$If(<Genre>="New Wave","80s, New Wave, and Synthpop",$If(<Genre>="Jazz Vocal","Jazz (Vocal)",$If($Or(<Genre>="House",<Genre>="Acid Jazz"),Dance,$If($Or(<Genre>="Gothic",<Genre>="Post-Punk"),"Gothic or Post-Punk",$If(<Genre>="Rap","Hip Hop",$If(<Genre>="Jungle","Drum & Bass",$If($Or(<Genre>="Lounge",<Genre>="Downtempo"),"Lounge & Nu-jazz",$If(<Genre>="Nu-jazz","Lounge & Nu-jazz",$If($Or(<Genre>="Instrumental Rock",<Genre>="Post-Rock"),"Post-Rock and Instrumental Rock",$If(<Genre>="Singer/Songwriter",Singer-Songwriter,$If($Or(<Genre>="Experimental",<Genre>="No Wave"),Avantgarde,$If(<Genre>="Synthpop","Synthpop (Modern Day)",$If(<Genre>="Drone",Ambient,$If(<Genre>="Darkwave","Indie Electronic",<Genre>)))))))))))))))))))\$If($Or(<Genre>="Anime",<Genre>="Game"),<Album>" ("<Year (yyyy)>")"\$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",<Compilation>="Compilation"),<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,<Track#>". "<Title>),$If(<Genre>="Soundtrack",<Album>" ("<Year (yyyy)>")"\$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",<Compilation>="Compilation"),<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,<Track#>". "<Title>),$If(<Album Artist>="Various Artists","VA - "<Album>" ("<Year>")"\<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Brian Eno",$Contains(<Album Artist>,"Brian Eno")="T"),$IsNull(<DateCustom>,"("<Year (yyyy)>".00.00) "<Album>\<Track#>". "<Title>,"("<Year (yyyy)>.<DateCustom>") "<Album>\<Track#>". "<Title>),$If(<Genre>="Classical",$RSplit(<Composer>," ",1)" - "<Album>" ("<Year>")"\$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",<Compilation>="Compilation"),<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,<Track#>". "<Title>),$If($Or($IsMatch(<Album Artist>,"^The\s")="F",<Album Artist>="The The"),<Album Artist>\$IsNull(<DateCustom>,"("<Year (yyyy)>".00.00) "<Album>\$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",<Compilation>="Compilation"),<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,<Track#>". "<Title>),"("<Year (yyyy)>.<DateCustom>") "<Album>\<Track#>". "<Title>),$Sort(<Album Artist>)\$IsNull(<DateCustom>,"("<Year (yyyy)>".00.00) "<Album>\$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",<Compilation>="Compilation"),<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,<Track#>". "<Title>),"("<Year (yyyy)>.<DateCustom>") "<Album>\$If($Or(<Album Artist>="Various Artists",<Compilation>="Compilation"),<Track#>". "<Artist>" - "<Title>,<Track#>". "<Title>))))))))

Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 02:33:34 AM by ssri

Deb1995

Hi, welcome to the forum!

This is possible, and it's a very similar feature.  These pages should help:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/File_Organization
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Function
Can I use  my own Code to organise my library? I did this with the  MediaMonkey to organise my library.
Oh, hell yes (myself being an ex-Mediamonkey user).

Here's my file organizer rule below (CTRL+R, like in Mediamonkey).  As you can see, it can be as simple or complicated as your use case.  As for mine, it is to keep the legacy directory organization I had going with Mediamonkey for several years.  I add exceptions when I don't feel like updating this monster.  If your rule is going to be pretty long, better use something like Notepad++ to keep functions straight :)

I need some help. I read those pages you mentioned. Since I'm not a developer my knowledge with coding is very limited.

How to write this Code inside MusicBee? its getting stuck when I'm pressing the ok button after entering this code.

$if(<Grouping>="Mixtape","Mixtape"\<album>\$if(<Disc Count>>1,"CD" $Pad(<disc#>,2),""),$if(<genre>="Soudtrack","Soundtracks"\<Album>\$if(<Disc Count>>1,"CD" $Pad(<disc#>,2),""),$if(<Album Artist>="Various Artists","Various"\<Album>,$if(<Album>="Single","Singles"\<Title>,<Album Artist>\<Album>\$if(<Disc Count>>1,"CD" $Pad(<disc#>,2),"")))))\$Pad(<track#>,2) <title>

Thanks, for the replies....
Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:45:33 PM by Deb1995

theta_wave

The code should go under "Naming Template".  Insert it there and click validate to see if it checks out.  "Folder" should be where you place the root directory of where your collection will go under.  Before you use auto-organize, I would use File Organizer (CTRL+R) first to test out your organization rules on select files.  If you are satisfied with the results, then you can paste your rules to the auto-organizer.

As for your warning in your picture, it appears that something about your root folder structure doesn't check out.

Deb1995

The code should go under "Naming Template".  Insert it there and click validate to see if it checks out.  "Folder" should be where you place the root directory of where your collection will go under.  Before you use auto-organize, I would use File Organizer (CTRL+R) first to test out your organization rules on select files.  If you are satisfied with the results, then you can paste your rules to the auto-organizer.

As for your warning in your picture, it appears that something about your root folder structure doesn't check out.

Thanks a lot, it worked. There was some mistake with folder & coding.  :)

theta_wave

Thanks a lot, it worked. There was some mistake with folder & coding.  :)
Glad to have helped.