Author Topic: Unwanted settings checked on new files  (Read 1172 times)

jasongnome

I've finally got round to getting my turntable set up and linked to the laptop.

I recorded two test tracks using Audacity, the results were good. I deliberately recorded one that I'd also recorded from CD using MusicBee and then played them one after the other back to back to compare sound quality.

I noticed that the version recorded from Audacity kept continuing from the point last played rather than the beginning, I've found and corrected the problem. In the "setting" section after right clicking and selecting "edit", the "remember playback position setting" was checked, also "exclude from playback" was also checked. I've now unchecked them both and now the life behaves as I want it to.

However, why did this happen and is there any way I can prevent it? AFAIK those are MusicBee settings so Audacity couldn't have done it. I have thousands of records to rip so it will be a bit of a pain if I have to manually uncheck those settings for each track, recording from vinyl is time consuming enough!

jasongnome

Update: I think I've found what happened, had a brainwave as soon as I hit post...

When I first moved it I accidentally clicked audiobooks instead of music library, then moved it again from there to music.

I just moved another file from music to audiobooks and back and it checked the same settings. I guess these are setting you would want for an audiobook so it makes sense.