Author Topic: MusicBee doesn't remember last used playlist  (Read 1802 times)

RejZoR

MusicBee doesn't remember previously selected playlist after restart. Older versions did remember, but ever since the new interface, it always resets to the first entry on the given panel and I can't seem to find settings for it to remember this anywhere.

PLAYBACK:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/rejzor/MusicBee_zpsilav39sa.png

AFTER MusicBee RESTART:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a348/rejzor/MusicBee_After_Restart_zpsrkmtqgk5.png

See how it jumps on the top of the panel to the first entry instead of remembering what playlist I had selected before? I usually listen to same playlists on regular basis and this requires me to click desired playlist every time I restart MusicBee and it's quite annoying.

redwing

If you're using Playlists section in left navigator instead of playlist manager, MB will remember last selected playlist just like prior versions.

RejZoR

Ok, I see. I had to create new tab, pin the panel to it and move it all the way to the beginning. This one remembers the stuff. Not sure why it isn't a default behavior for "Playlists" panel by default. I mean, wouldn't that be a desired, preferred behavior for large majority of users?

redwing

Current playlist manager has lots of issues, not just that.

Steven said he made some improvements for v3.1, so we'll see that when the new version is released:

This is done now for v3.1
- a "playlist manager" element can now be included in the layout/ stacked etc
- the playlist manager panel now displays playlists as a tree structure now and behaves the same as the playlists in the left navigator
- i decided to keep the current behavior when the Playlist Manager node is selected in the left navigator, the playlists remain in the left navigator and are duplicated to the Playlist Manager panel. The reason being i can image use cases where people would want both. You can collapse the left navigator playlists node if you want, or for most people using the default settings wont even see the left navigator.
- edit playlist (for static playlists) now behaves like iTunes/ WMP in that the edited playlist is displayed in the right sidebar and the left navigator/ main panel shows the music library and you are free to navigate to any node in the left navigator and drag files into the playlist