Author Topic: Reorganize ALL files in folder such as .log,.cue,.jpg,etc  (Read 2762 times)

jimmanningjr

I am liking this player more and more but I cant seem to figure out how to "reorganize" all the files in a folder. It only seems to move Music files and some .jpgs.Not sure what i am doing wrong..once I saw a similar question posted and Stevens answer was that it can be done but I cannot find that post again(was i dreaming?)
How is this done???Once I figure this out i can ditch Media Monkey once and for all for that is all it is used for these days....
I open Computer(from the left side navigation column) and find my folder  then I "reorganize" it to my "newest Lossless" folder but only music get the treatment all the logs and cues get left behind...I know some where I checked the option move all files in subfolders too...but these are not in subfolders they are right there with the music files... ??? ???
ANYONE

Steven

• Administrator
if you use the file organiser (right click/Send to/Folder (Reogranise)) it should be moving all files with the same filename as the music file being re-organised
if you are drag/dropping the files from the main panel to the new folder in the left navigator its possible only the music file and associated artwork is being moved - i need to check that out

jimmanningjr

No, I do the right click Reorganize thing...I seem to be missing something here...My naming scheme for reorganization is  <albumartist>/<album>/<trk#>- <track>which results in:
The Doors/Morrison Hotel/ 1-Roadhouse Blues.flac
                                     2-Waiting for the Sun.flac
                                     3-You Make Me Real .flac
                                      The Doors-Morrison Hotel.cue
                                      The Doors-Morrison Hotel.accurip
                                      And assorted JPGS:
                                      Booklet P.1-3.jpg
                                      Booklet P.2-4.jpg
                                      Booklet P.3-5.jpg
Now the only thing that follows the MUSIC is Folder.jpg and <album>.jpg  and I THINK that's because my settings Create these files during the move.
What I need it to do is Move everything in the folder.Not all may be marked but they all have something to do with the MUSIC FILES and need to be with them.
The only time I don't want those files moved together is when I am putting the Album on my Sansa Fuse (DAP). I would suppose that most Music collectors would agree with me.Unless there is another way of doing things that I have yet to discover. From the developers point of view I would assume it is easier to move EVERTHING than to sort out the odd files...But I am Not a devolper and know nothing of these things so I am hoping that this can be done...I guess I am asking for a feature request and I will post there if I must but I am hoping that this can be fixed/tweaked from the preferences     ...
Thanks Steven
PS. I really should drink my coffee before posting :D