Author Topic: After moving MusicBee Portable to another PC, podcast files are out of order  (Read 1414 times)

xunonem

I am trying out the portable edition of MusicBee, not to keep on one device permanently eg musicbee on usb, but because I wish to occasionally move my portable player to another system,with both my library and podcast files together, eg for using on holiday.

Both the podcast and music library are held within the MusicBee folder. The podcast directory is kept as default, within the library.

After I move MusicBee portable to another computer, the library and podcast files play perfectly, but the podcasts are now out of order. If I click on the date tab (above the first song in the list of podcast file names) to re-arrange alphabetically, the list then shows from the bottom to top, but still garbled. If I remember correctly the first tab is 'release date' or similar. I cannot arrange the files by episode number correctly either.

I think the scan feature of MusicBee portable should perhaps also take into account podcasts, and arrange them accordingly.
Does anyone know if there a fix eg something to edit in any configuration file, in order for podcasts in this version of the player to arrange themselves? Thanks for any information :)

Steven

• Administrator
the order podcasts are displayed are a result of sorting the data. If the sort order differs then something is different in your computer environment such as the windows regional date settings

xunonem

The region and date are the same as on the original system (day-month-year, set to GMT).

update: I think it was a system issue. I changed to US region and year-month-day for the windows 7 calendar. That didn't help. Then I changed back to UK and day-month-year a moment ago, and it is all showing in order again. I don't know why it was not working the first time. I think for a portable program it would be good to have a podcast 'refresh' button to make sure it doesn't download podcast tracks more than once, but that is all. Thanks
Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 10:06:08 PM by xunonem