Author Topic: Sync to Device: ReplayGain option ticked, converted files without ReplayGain..?  (Read 2141 times)

theG

Hi.
So, I have MusicBee set to convert my FLAC files to MP3 when I sync to my Android device, with the ReplayGain (track) option ticked as well, but when I look at the tags in the converted files, there's no ReplayGain tags at all.
I use MusicBee to add the ReplayGain info in my FLAC files, I don't understand why it is not transferred to the MP3 files.. anyone?
Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:09:21 PM by theG

theG

Anyone?

Sync settings:

FLAC file used for conversion:

Converted file (MP3), no ReplayGain tags :(

"High Quality" conversion (lame) settings: --vbr-new -V 0 - [outputfile]

redwing

"level volume" option in sync setting does not mean doing volume analysis and adding ReplayGain tags but permanently adjusting volume in the converted file according to the existing ReplayGain tag values in the source file.
If you want to just transfer ReplayGain tags from the source files to the target files, then do not tick that option.

theG

"level volume" option in sync setting does not mean doing volume analysis and adding ReplayGain tags but permanently adjusting volume in the converted file according to the existing ReplayGain tag values in the source file.
If you want to just transfer ReplayGain tags from the source files to the target files, then do not tick that option.

Oh, you're right. Duh. Thanks

HAL Lives

Nope, doesn't work, it just writes the Replaygain tags on-the-fly, it doesn't permanently adjust the volume of the file.

redwing

Nope, doesn't work, it just writes the Replaygain tags on-the-fly, it doesn't permanently adjust the volume of the file.

I have no idea what you're talking about.
If something doesn't work right, file a bug report. When you do that, let Steven know what you're doing with what kind of files in what settings, otherwise no one will understand you.