Author Topic: [low priority] Mouse wheel setting causes scrolling to reverse  (Read 2296 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Okay, so between various life things I hadn't spent much time with MB for a few weeks.  When I started it up just now, I discovered that my mouse wheel scrolling was reversed from the usual.  Down was scrolling up and up was scrolling down.

Thankfully, it occurred to me to go check my mouse settings in the control panel.  Awhile back I had switched from "scroll x lines" to "scroll 1 screen".  Switching back (and restarting MB) fixed the problem.

Can anyone else reproduce this?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

sheppaul

Musicbee seems not respect the windows setting of mouse wheel. Wheel direction is reversed and "scroll 1 screen" does not work at all.

Please check about this. It is somehow important setting IMO.

Windows 10 RS2 x64 with latest update.

Steven

• Administrator
i can reproduce this. I have put in some handling for this setting in the next v3.1 update

sheppaul

Wow, you're really quick.

I've just tried and can confirm that the wheel direction is fixed.

However,  "scroll 1 screen" still does not work. Please fix this too if it does not break any functionality of musicbee.

I've been using the wheel action by 1 screen unit more than 20 years now with all my application on windows.

Thanks.

ps.. Ah, there will be an option for wheel action. Great.

Steven

• Administrator
when you say "scroll per screen" doesnt work do you mean it scrolls in the correct direction but not one page at a time?
if so, i wont be able to address that but i can make the line increment larger

sheppaul

Hmm, I think it's enough if the line increment is configurable. Please make it configurable in later version if possible.

Thank you.