Author Topic: Last play date surprises  (Read 2031 times)

Will Pittenger

I have two machines.  My main desktop hosts my MP3 files.  The second system is a media PC.  On that machine, MusicBee has it's own copy of the database, but accesses the MP3 files from the first.

Recently, I bought Classic Petra Live: Back to the Rock which has many songs on it from my older Petra albums.  I've seen that the desktop never plays the original versions of any song on the Classic Petra Live album.  Meanwhile, the media PC never plays any Petra songs that are on the Classic Petra Live album—even those on the original album.

Any ideas what's going on?
Will Pittenger

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How is MusicBee selecting songs to play? Auto-DJ? Shuffle?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Will Pittenger

Sorry.  Auto-DJ on both machines.
Will Pittenger

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hmm. It might help if we could see screenshots of your auto-dj settings in both cases. 

I'm wondering if the missing tracks have ended up in some node that is not the auto-dj source node, something of that nature. Or they've been hidden as duplicates, or you have a filter applied that's interfering.  Just the first things to come to mind.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Will Pittenger

The settings from the other machine are identical except for the number of tracks.  Those are fewer as I need a larger font.
Will Pittenger

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Nothing is jumping right out at me.  It seems likely that either the "higher rated tracks" setting or the source playlist would be the culprit.

Is the playlist the same file for both? Is it auto or static?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Will Pittenger

Bot machines use one of three options depending on how close to Christmas it is.  Option one is the entire music library.  Option 2 filters out Christmas music.  Option 3 limits it to Christmas music.  Both of the latter options use Smart Playlists.
Will Pittenger