Author Topic: Fixing Broken Playlists ( a Little at a Time?)  (Read 4530 times)

WannaBee

This subject has come up in the past, and I am still keeping my fingers crossed for a form of integral playlist fixer to feature in a future iteration of MusicBee. Should such a feature not be under consideration, please consider a "quick-fix" option where right-clicking on a single (or more?) broken/missing playlist track produces in the context menu an option to "Find Closest Matches" or similar. From the search results the replacement track is chosen and replaces the broken one.

Thank you.
Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 07:00:01 PM by WannaBee

alec.tron

Broken as in missing ? That would indeed be neat!
Cheerio.
c.

WannaBee

ZhuDaisen

Specify a folder for seach, and "quick-fix" broken/missing playlist.
I wish it too.

so_la_la

Music Bee 3; EAC; MP3Tag; Music on Synology NAS 115; Logitech Media Server on RPI 3; RPI 2 with Hifiberry; Poweramp for Android/Lineage

alec.tron

Just to spread some FYI, there's a few other threads with similar topics, especially this 'unwanted video files' one:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=14983.msg107448#msg107448
which has a post at the end about recent improvements/changes (i.e. the auto removal of dead playlist entries feature which then has been disabled again after this thread:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=17942.msg107268#msg107268
then replied to by Stephen in the above old 'video' thread)

There was also this, addressing general playlist manager things & changes:
http://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18136.15

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:36:18 AM by alec.tron

alec.tron

This seems to exist now in the latest patched version (21_08)...?!
i.e. a marked missing track from a playlist you can double-click now and a dialogue pops up asking if you'd want to re-link to another file, which if answered yes opens a file browse dialogue.

However, what would also be great would be to mark playlists with missing files [via (!) sign for example] directly in the playlist window itself, so one sees something is off without in the overview and without looking into the given playlist ?

Churs.
c.

boroda

no, its very old feature, but you have to manually relink missing files one by one. what is requested here is to auto-fix broken playlist (not sure, but it seems that (edit: MB) caches playlist track tags, so even if a track is missing, mb anyway remembers its tags).
Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:26:47 PM by boroda74

alec.tron

Oh, never noticed before.
Good enough for me as I use foobar for things I am missing in MB still, i.e. fast library re-caching, tag editing (I'm just too used to the foobar discogs & mass tagger extensions), and quickly find & access data/tags/info I'm after.
Churs.
c.

alec.tron

However, what would also be great would be to mark playlists with missing files [via (!) sign for example] directly in the playlist window itself, so one sees something is off without in the overview and without looking into the given playlist ?

There's a work around for this of sorts, in case anyone else cares - IF you have your playlists in first level subfolders (under your MB Playlist folder), PlaylistManager will show all tracks of the contained playlists if you select the folder in PlaylistManager, giving a quick overview at least if there's missing bits.
Now if those folders just were collapse-able & nest-able (2nd folder is still displayed as "subFolderName/playlistName" in PlaylistManager and neither first or 2nd level folders are collapse-able as is in latest/21_08 patch version).
Cheers.
c.

ps - as I just saw, the folder-list trick mentioned above only works on files from playlists in the same folder... it will not show files from playlists in subfolders of the selected 1st level folder either...

pps - also, this would be a rather nice-to-have... if I replace a missing file from playlist A (by digging out the file path from elsewhere and point the replace dialogue to said file), and said file is also part of another playlist, the replace action should also be able (upon user pref/dialogue) to replace the missing file in all other playlists where it is missing...
Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 04:26:16 AM by alec.tron

rudolph

rudolph

no, its very old feature, but you have to manually relink missing files one by one. what is requested here is to auto-fix broken playlist (not sure, but it seems that (edit: MB) caches playlist track tags, so even if a track is missing, mb anyway remembers its tags).
It's possible to add a feature like this because as you said, in MB cache there are those missing-link songs which contain artist and titles, even filename - which can probably be matched together with the same working-link songs (by artists and titles, filenames).
Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 03:39:32 PM by rudolph