Author Topic: Album gain permanent in any player.  (Read 4669 times)

arpadosso

The problem is solved and not related to the MusicBee, but very strange and unbeliveable.

Hello,

I have an album and from that I use only one track in my playlist. The track was too loud. I reduced the volume in the playlist (right click on the track, edit..., settings tab -> volume adjustment - 35% and after I set up a custom equalizer to boost the bass). After when I finished it was everything perfect for me. But today I played the playlist and that music is almost silence, the sound is very very very low, other songs from other albums are good same like they were. I opened that silent mp3 in two different player (winamp, mediaplayer) and the sound level is same very very low. I opened other tracks from that folder (same album) and another tracks are similar, almost silent. :(

First I set off the Replay gain, nothing changed, from the settings tab I set back the volume in the original, nothing happened. I restored the volume to original form the menu, nothing. ;( I was almost crying.

I opened the file in music editor, I see the waves of the music, it seems like the waves are there, but I cannot set back the original volume.

Another try: Set back the original volume, and after Analyse volume menu and Adjust calculated replaygain values I set to zero and Proceed, after in the Track gain information shows -7,3 dB.

I removed the Music Bee and nothing changed the mp3s in that folder permanently almost silent tracks. Reinstalled the music bee nothing changed.

I would like to ask help how can I set back the track files to play on normal volume? Or is this remain permanent and I have to convert my CD again? Thanks a lot, I am looking forward for a solution, thank you very much.
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 05:06:41 PM by arpadosso

arpadosso

I just have tried to fix the gain with the MP3Gain from Sourceforge. But nothing. THere was -9 track gain and -9 or -7.5 album gain I set back to zero and nothing.

So now I have to do a whole non zipped backup from my musics to be sure will not give me a problem in the future.

hiccup

Do you know what version of MusicBee you were using at the time you made adjustments to the volume, and what version are you using now?

arpadosso

Now I have 3.0.6067 and before hmm I donno but defenetly it was a 3.0.XXXX I have installed few months ago.

arpadosso

According the Wikipedia the gain is stored in the ID3v2 tag, so in this case I thought we do not have any problem I just delete the tags and everything will be OK. But no I used the ID3Remover1.2 from sourcefiorge.net. I removed the tags and nothing change the track is almost silent the sound is very very low and unfortunately I am getting a fright to use the Gain adjustment and the volume adjustment in the MusicBee :( And I have to eat some chocolatebar... :) SO I hope we can find a solution to get back the level of the sound. If someone wants I can upload a track if necessary.
Thanks a lot to take care about my problem.

hiccup

That's weird then.

In (very) old v2 versions there was the option to permanently adjust the volume of a track. Nowadays that option is only available when synchronizing to a device. (to prevent users that didn't understand 'permanent', experience what you are describing here)
Did you do any synchronizing to a device? Perhaps to a virtual device?

Otherwise I have no clue what might have happened, and I have never heard anybody else experiencing this.
Could there be other software you might have used being in play here? (ReplayGain is known for making it very easy to permanently adjust the loudness)

edit,
or perhaps you have been converting between file types (e.g. flac to mp3)?
I believe then you would also have the option the permanently adjust the loudness.

In all other cases, don't worry. MusicBee will never adjust the shape or loudness of the music files when doing volume (=loudness) analysis and adjustments. It will only write tags for those.
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 11:22:28 AM by hiccup

arpadosso

Sorry I am quite new to edit mp3, two-three months ago I started to find I music player to make playlist befor I used Winamp with drag and drop technology :) nothing else. I used the permanent word to emphasize I cannot change back.

No I do not use virtual machine to synchronize. I have a USB3 external hard drive. OPSYS: Windows10.

For playing the musics I have winamp. To edit the musics (Copy and paste, fade in, fade out, export MP3, I use Cool edit pro)
I have an MP3Tag software and the Musicbee. Now I have some others :) ID3Remover, MP3 gain That track or album I touched only with the MusicBee software.

I have mp3 files 320kBit and unfortunately this LP I sent back to Argentina from Europe. But I am going to try to open it and export to another filetype.

I have tried to rise up the gain with the MP3Gain software. I raised up the gain +12 dB x 6 times. The result is same level of the sound, but the quality of the music is turned to a constant overdriven noise.

And Yes I see the waves in the software so the music is there just I cannot play :)

arpadosso

Problem solved.

I wrote a post, but I lost it so now I am going to take a video and after I am goin to upload, because noone will believe what is happening here.
Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:12:03 PM by arpadosso

arpadosso

The blackmagic speaker 2:20 - 200 MB

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B492-2cEqpbeTEYteVVSX1B2MGs/view?usp=sharing

I checked the all settings in the windows which relate to the volume controll and everything OK.

I have no words.

So still the MusicBee is the best MP3 player software!

And thank you for the advices. THanks hiccup!

hiccup

Good to hear! (phun intended)

I am not sure I understand what happened though.
Are you saying it was only the portable loudspeaker that dropped it's volume, and there was never anything wrong with the files at all?

arpadosso

The portable loudspeaker dropped the volume down only on that album, only on that album. On another album the loudspeaker works well.  :-\

And yes the files were never anything wrong. Only the loudspeaker decided to not play properly that album...

hiccup

That's funny.
Looks like some speaker input protection kicking in.
Perhaps you could avoid that by lowering the general Windows volume to that output a little bit.

arpadosso

I had tried, but no any relation between the input level and playing feature. If the input is very low the played music is more silence. I have no idea :) but at least it works with other active and passive speakers. I am going to indicate in the first post this problem is not related to MusicBee.

hiccup

I had tried, but no any relation between the input level and playing feature. If the input is very low the played music is more silence. I have no idea :) but at least it works with other active and passive speakers. I am going to indicate in the first post this problem is not related to MusicBee.

Very weird indeed.
The only remotely similar experience I ever had was with Realtek audio drivers and it's auto-sensing in- and outputs.
That can be a nightmare too. (soundcards suddenly disappearing from Windows at low sound levels)

Anyway, glad you established that the problem is not within MusicBee.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
I reduced the volume in the playlist (right click on the track, edit..., settings tab -> volume adjustment - 35% and after I set up a custom equalizer to boost the bass).
Just for future reference, when you use the volume adjustment in the settings tab, this does not change the replay gain values.
This writes another tag, RVAD (Relative Volume ADjustment), to the track that needs to be deleted if you want to reset the volume back to its original level.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together