Author Topic: Report Website related bugs/issues here  (Read 104973 times)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I'm not getting 'daily' notifications, but there's a very long lag from when a 'monitored' thread has a new post and when I received the email notification. I first noticed this about a week or two ago, but attributed it to server slowdown somewhere along the route.
Thanks for the info phred.
I went back and checked through all the forum settings and couldn't see anything wrong, so on the off chance I checked the mail settings on my phone.
And that's where the notification settings had changed  :o
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Phone or desktop - both seem to be delayed. I was checking some timestamps of recent posts against the timestamps of received notifications. Typically there's an hour-and-a-half lag before getting the email of a new post. But then again, since the email I use for this is a Yahoo domain, it may very well be Yahoo.

I've solved the problem by subscribing to a nice RSS app on my phone and I'm getting (all) new posts within ten minutes. Unfortunately, when you do a search for 'RSS Reader' on Google Play, there's about six gazillion of them. And on the app itself, I can't find a developer's name or version number. If I find it, I'll post it.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

Email notification is broken. -_- It seems to be an issue on the hosting provider's end.

bunnyville

Hi,
Would you please add the option to upload images to bug reports?

Thanks!
Lori

Steven

• Administrator
Hi,
Would you please add the option to upload images to bug reports?

Thanks!
Lori
I wont agree to do that. You will need to load them to a third party website and provide a link to the picture

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
I am pausing the development of this plugin for a month or two due to working on new MusicBee website update.
 :-X
Currently add-ons are sorted by "Published on" date; newest to oldest.
Since you are working on the website, would it be possible to change the sorting to "Updated on" date.
That way an updated add-on would be moved to the first page.
Maybe even an "Updated" banner could be overlaid on the thumb image if the Published and Updated dates don't match?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Ever since the recent website/forum 'meltdown' I have not seen the 'new' designation on new posts. Nor, when using the filter to show 'recent unread posts' does anything show up. And there are definitely new posts since my last check in because I can see the time stamps.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Ever since the recent website/forum 'meltdown' I have not seen the 'new' designation on new posts. Nor, when using the filter to show 'recent unread posts' does anything show up. And there are definitely new posts since my last check in because I can see the time stamps.
This has been okay for the past few days, but has returned over the past 36+ hours.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

phred

• Global Moderator
Good news: I haven't seen the '500' errors in two days.
Bad news: Issue quoted below is back as of this morning.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Good news: I haven't seen the '500' errors in two days. Bad news: Issue quoted below is back as of this morning.
You mean these "new" badges? I am seeing this without any issue.

It could be caching issue, since cached pages will take some time to update the cache. But i haven't faced this yet :/

AvikB

I am pausing the development of this plugin for a month or two due to working on new MusicBee website update. :-X
Currently add-ons are sorted by "Published on" date; newest to oldest. Since you are working on the website, would it be possible to change the sorting to "Updated on" date. That way an updated add-on would be moved to the first page. Maybe even an "Updated" banner could be overlaid on the thumb image if the Published and Updated dates don't match?
Yes i am planning to have an option for this. Maybe a sorting option like you see on amazon or other shopping website.

phred

• Global Moderator
Today all is well. Yesterday it was not.

When I click on the filter (top menu bar) and select 'recent unread topics' the resulting screen comes up empty. (It might have a line about 'no new messages' but I can't remember.) Even though there are indeed new messages. When I go to an individual sub-forum, the new messages show the 'new' icon/badge.

But as I said, it's working fine today.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Today all is well. Yesterday it was not. When I click on the filter (top menu bar) and select 'recent unread topics' the resulting screen comes up empty. (It might have a line about 'no new messages' but I can't remember.) Even though there are indeed new messages. When I go to an individual sub-forum, the new messages show the 'new' icon/badge. But as I said, it's working fine today.
welp hopefully it stays this way.

Also please keep me upto date if the error 500 occurs again.
I am not sure how much performance has been improved with the PHP7 upgrade. :/ Hopefully it should've fixed that issue.

boroda

i've seen 500 error yesterday 1 time. its not annoying for me to see this error once per day, but newbies might not guess just to refresh a page.

boroda

I am pausing the development of this plugin for a month or two due to working on new MusicBee website update. :-X
Currently add-ons are sorted by "Published on" date; newest to oldest. Since you are working on the website, would it be possible to change the sorting to "Updated on" date. That way an updated add-on would be moved to the first page. Maybe even an "Updated" banner could be overlaid on the thumb image if the Published and Updated dates don't match?
Yes i am planning to have an option for this. Maybe a sorting option like you see on amazon or other shopping website.
+1 for various sorting options. also maybe it would be better to sort by default by some combination of weights of created date (most important), last updated date and download count?