Author Topic: Report Website related bugs/issues here  (Read 104977 times)

AvikB

A long "personal text" of the user profile overlaps with text in the main panel: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=13437.msg81284#msg81284
I have send an update to Steven regarding this. It should be fixed very soon.  ;)

Edit: it is fixed. update is now live.
Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 11:00:46 PM by AvikB

redwing

AvikB

I tried to update the software and copy the patch files and think I was successful. I'm having a very minor issue, but it's annoying as hell because I'm using your software to update the artwork in my extensive collection. It's pretty easy, love the software overall after dealing with the likes of iTunes and various other garbage (thank you!), but this oddity has been bugging me. When I play a song back the artwork will occasionally flicker back to the old artwork I replaced. It maintains in the window above and along the bottom in miniature form, but in the big window it'll alternate every 30 seconds or so. I know you've had at least one person approach you on this in the past and you suggested a patch. I feel like I tried that and there was no change except to some of the pictures in the band folders down the left hand column. There usually, as far as I can tell, is a picture of the album at the top of the folder alphabetically. Some of them changed to photos I have never seen, but the actual artwork attached to each individual album seems to be where I want it, that is until it toggles back and forth during playback. I'm on V3.1.6512. Do I still have to patch this version to get this thing stabilized? To your knowledge, where is the old artwork still residing? I was hoping it wasn't still attached to the actual files vs retained in some sort MB software memory. Anyway, I apologize profusely if you are dealing with this same issue for the billionth time. Thanks in advance. - John
Hi John, this thread is only for website related issues, not musicbee itself  :-\. Try posting it in the Bug Reports section.

phred

• Global Moderator

[deleted]
Hi John, this thread is only for website related issues, not musicbee itself  :-\. Try posting it in the Bug Reports section.
I moved the original post to Bug Reports.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

phred

• Global Moderator
This may be a SMF issue and not so much an issue with the forum itself.

I used to be able to click on the 'filter' button and then select 'recent unread topics.' That would open this URL:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/?action=unread

When doing that over the past few days, it brings me to the 'unread topics' page, but it shows no unread topics even though there are many. I then noticed, near the top, something I don't recall seeing before: 'click here to try all unread topics.' Clicking it opens this URL:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?action=unread;all;start=0 which does indeed show my unread topics.

It's easy enough for me to change my bookmark, but if the 'filter' is no longer working, either the URL attached to it should be updated, or it should be removed completely.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

@phred, i personally haven't used this feature before. But i just tried it and it seem to work on my end.
This seem like a weird bug. I will probably replace the URL with the new URL.

phred

• Global Moderator
@phred, i personally haven't used this feature before. But i just tried it and it seem to work on my end.
This seem like a weird bug. I will probably replace the URL with the new URL.
I agree that it's a weird -something.- Right now I'm not so sure it's a bug. As I stated, it's been happening for the past few days. I use Firefox, but just tried it in Chrome and it's working the way it used to. I can't get the forum to load at all in IE. I went back to Firefox and it's working the way it used to.

So my suggestion is - don't do anything for the time being. I'm thinking more and more that it's the latest release of Firefox (57) that's causing issues all over the place. They already announced that most existing extensions will not work unless they get completely rewritten.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Ok, we have to wait and see if this issues gets fixed in next few updates or not.

AvikB

@chrisjj thanks for the report. it seems the preview panel is affected by the light theme. It should be an easy fix. i will try to fix it by next week.

hiccup

A rather futile observation, but mentioning it anyway:

When you are logged in the forum, the start post of a thread is called "reply #1".
When logged out, the first reply is (correctly) called "reply #1".

phred

• Global Moderator
When you are logged in the forum, the start post of a thread is called "reply #1".
When logged out, the first reply is (correctly) called "reply #1".
That's kind of odd as I'm not seeing that behavior. Logged in or not, the second post shows as "Reply #1" regardless of which thread I'm looking at. I also checked another forum that uses SMF and the behavior is as expected whether logged in or not.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

A rather futile observation, but mentioning it anyway: When you are logged in the forum, the start post of a thread is called "reply #1". When logged out, the first reply is (correctly) called "reply #1".
i am not seeing this issue  :(