Author Topic: Report Website related bugs/issues here  (Read 104955 times)

AvikB

[font=Roboto, "Segoe UI", sans-serif]Are you sure you have successfully pushed the forum update you intended to do a while back?[/font][/color]
I haven't pushed any new update for a while. I was thinking of preparing for 2.0 website release. but that seems far fetched at this point due to my time and since 2.0 needed some major rewrite it is not possible. :( However 1.9 update is ready  8) and i will probably push it this month after some testing. With that i will also push the forum bug fixes.

hiccup

So you are talking about the test forum?
I am talking about the operational forum.

hiccup

I was thinking of preparing for 2.0 website release. but that seems far fetched at this point due to my time and since 2.0 needed some major rewrite it is not possible. :( However 1.9 update is ready  8) and i will probably push it this month after some testing. With that i will also push the forum bug fixes.

Is updating 'the website' analogue to updating the forum?

edit
Never mind, if I read your reply back, I guess those are two different things.
Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:05:22 AM by hiccup

AvikB

So you are talking about the test forum? I am talking about the operational forum.
I know we are talking about this forum. But i can't seem to reproduce the issue on the test forum or on my machine. and i can't fix something that i can't reproduce.  :-\

hiccup

I know we are talking about this forum. But i can't seem to reproduce the issue on the test forum or on my machine. and i can't fix something that i can't reproduce.  :-\

Typing 'avi':

typing 'avik':

typing 'steven':

And I checked, both your names are not hidden beneath the hidden drop-down.

Not finding your names might perhaps not be a bug, but have something to do with 'private' settings, authorization, or some 'hidden' flag?
(the dropdown hiding behind the input panel surely is a bug though)

AvikB

the dropdown hiding behind the input panel surely is a bug though
yeah it is a bug. Fix coming this week.

As for the bug it only seems to happen in this current forum which is not possible to fix atm.

phred

• Global Moderator
Both issues (members names such as yours and Stevens not appearing, and the drop down overlap) have for sure been reported a long time ago.
But I can't find the posts back, and I can't recall what was said about it either.
I -don't- delete old PMs (although I probably should as I have them going back to 2009) and I can't find any reference to this discussion. And I know there was a discussion because there were a few of us pointing it out. (It would be nice if there was a way to search PMs, but that's for another day.)

I do recall, however, that AvikB said it was something that would be looked at at a later date. But both these issues really need to be fixed. And it's not a browser issue as it occurs in Firefox, Chrome, and IE.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

I would love to fix the issue. But i am afraid something in the database of this forum got corrupted, which is out of my hand.
I did some test on the test forum and NOPE, i just can't reproduce the issue  :'(

phred

• Global Moderator
I would love to fix the issue. But i am afraid something in the database of this forum got corrupted, which is out of my hand.
I did some test on the test forum and NOPE, i just can't reproduce the issue  :'(
Are you referring to the 'drop-down' issue or the 'missing names' issue?

Can you reach out to SMF for help/suggestions?
Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:48:03 PM by phred

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

AvikB

Can you reach out to SMF for help/suggestions?
They have community support no dedicated support  :-\

i am talking about "'missing names' issue?"

Steven

• Administrator
Re: this issue with the name list in messages, and also the forum search. At least for the forum search it was raised in Oct 2016.
It looks like i did the UTF-8 upgrade mid-Sept, so that looks like the most likely culprit.

Search function of SMF forums looks pretty limited. For one thing, can't do case insensitive search.
@Steven:
Can you turn on "Enable simple search" option under Search(Admin)> Search Settings to see if that enables case insensitive search?
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=537400.0

I have a feeling this might be the reason:
i had to use COLLATE utf8_bin instead of COLLATE utf8_general_ci because of duplicate entries.

@AvikB, when you have some time are you able to send me the SQL query that the name list lookup uses? I might be able to just change the tables for name search to use: COLLATE utf8_general_ci
Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 09:12:29 PM by Steven

AvikB

@AvikB, when you have some time are you able to send me the SQL query that the name list lookup uses?
I will look for the SQL Query. but keep i mind we probably need to change some core SMF file to fix this.

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks for looking into this, Steven.
And thanks for the timeline. I only have three PMs in Oct 2016 and none of them relate to this issue. So the discussion took place in the public forum only, or at a later date via PM, which I haven't found in my PMs.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki