Author Topic: Report Website related bugs/issues here  (Read 104963 times)

woodnowin

Unable to download milk drop. Link results in too many redirects. Tried chrome and edge, same result. Tried link in the forum instead of web page with same result. Downloaded Musicbee 3 and other plugins without issue. Please check; but it could be an issue with my dishnet service, since it has many peculiar issues that come and go. I'll try from another location next opportunity. Thanks.

AvikB

Unable to download milk drop. Link results in too many redirects. Tried chrome and edge, same result. Tried link in the forum instead of web page with same result. Downloaded Musicbee 3 and other plugins without issue. Please check; but it could be an issue with my dishnet service, since it has many peculiar issues that come and go. I'll try from another location next opportunity. Thanks.
I just tried it and it works perfectly fine. :\
It could be your ISP or maybe cookie issue.
Try clearing cookies and caches and if that does not solve that try any free vpn service.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Firefox 53.0 (64-bit)
If you try to sign out from within dashboard, you get this message;
An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

Firefox 53.0 (64-bit) If you try to sign out from within dashboard, you get this message;
An Error Has Occurred! Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.
Yeah this is a known issue with SMF integration with the site. I have fixed it for the 2.0 update.
For now you have to go to forum first then click on the logout.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Yeah this is a known issue with SMF integration with the site. I have fixed it for the 2.0 update.
For now you have to go to forum first then click on the logout.
No worries.
I thought it got fixed and it was showing up again.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

AvikB

Yeah this is a known issue with SMF integration with the site. I have fixed it for the 2.0 update. For now you have to go to forum first then click on the logout.
No worries. I thought it got fixed and it was showing up again.
I only fixed for the v2.0 the update is still pending.  8)

boroda

minor visual glitch with dark theme (white corners):

AvikB

minor visual glitch with dark theme (white corners):
It is because the images are from the original forum theme. These didn't have transparency and there are 40+ icons that needs to be fixed. 
Maybe i will fix those, but it is lots of work and i haven't been able to go back to finishing the new website  :(

hopefully in upcoming months.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There's a bug with the drop down list when you're addressing a message.  The list gets hidden behind the message box.  Observed in Chrome.

I can't even message Steven!    ;D
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I can't even message Steven!    ;D
The workaround, if you haven't figured it out yet, is to go to the recipient's profile and select 'send PM' from there.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yeah, but what if you need to send it to more than one person? I could start a message to Steven and add you, because you're not in a long list. But if you were, I'd be stuck.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
Yeah, but what if you need to send it to more than one person? I could start a message to Steven and add you, because you're not in a long list. But if you were, I'd be stuck.
I wasn't suggesting this is the fix. Just that it was a way around the issue (until you mentioned multiple recipients.) The behavior definitely needs to be corrected.

I seem to remember another issue with addressing PMs - something with not all users' names showing up when starting to type their name? I'll need to look through this thread when I have more time.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

AvikB

This is a very strange bug. Because it works fine on the test website. and also on my local machine. I am not 100% sure what caused this.
The only thing i can think of is when steven change forum to UTF-8 encoding something in the database got corrupted.  :-\ this is just a speculation, but if true i am afraid i can't do much.

hiccup

Both issues (members names such as yours and Stevens not appearing, and the drop down overlap) have for sure been reported a long time ago.
But I can't find the posts back, and I can't recall what was said about it either.

Perhaps that was discussed by means of pm, and not discussed on the forum? (I delete all older pm's myself)

Are you sure you have successfully pushed the forum update you intended to do a while back?

For instance, we had some discussions (and a decision) about improving the selection of font colors for forum posts a long time ago, and that still hasn't been implemented...

AvikB

I am not sure how we discussed it. But the overlap issue can be fixed. I will try to push an update this week.
as for the name not showing, as i said i am not sure. I can't seem to reproduce it  :(. It works fine on the test forum.

as i said it could be that somehow in between SMF's migration(or switching to UTF-8) the database got corrupted.