Author Topic: Report Website related bugs/issues here  (Read 104949 times)

AvikB

:-X well, i guess you have to live with it  :P
it shows fine here.  :-\

hiccup

I'll live with it.
But I hope it keeps you awake at night ;-)

redwing

Closing parenthesis doesn't get recognized as part of hyperlink if you enter a URL in the post. How can I include it?

e.g.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/Chacon_(foo_chacon)

SAS7OPC

Hello. Google Chrome displays in the site security information that you are using the Obsolete protocol, encryption and key exchange :-\
 I think it needs to be fixed!

Steven

• Administrator
Hello. Google Chrome displays in the site security information that you are using the Obsolete protocol, encryption and key exchange :-\
 I think it needs to be fixed!
the service provider is in the process of updating their machines but hasn't given a timeframe when MusicBee's will be updated

donsuhr

Secunia PSI is reporting that the LAME.exe v3.99.2.5 is insecure, and the current available LAME version 3.100 from October 2017 is secure.
It says it's medium critical issue.

I noticed it when I switched to the Windows 10 app version, as the LAME.exe was getting updated automatically by PSI with the desktop version.

Thank you for MusicBee and everything. The design is great, as is the web site.

Don

Steven

• Administrator
thanks for letting me know - as it happens i am just uploading a new store version and it will include the 3.100 lame version

donsuhr

thanks for letting me know - as it happens i am just uploading a new store version and it will include the 3.100 lame version

You're quite welcome. Amazing response time!

Thanks again Steven,

Don

boroda

AvikB

not too important for me, but very strange bug:
It counts white spaces as characters too. also it is not very accurate if you are copy and pasting. It is just there as a visual indicator. Ofc you exceed limit and somehow it fails to mention it, there is a backend check and will show alert.

AvikB

Closing parenthesis doesn't get recognized as part of hyperlink if you enter a URL in the post. How can I include it?

e.g.
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Components_0.9/Chacon_(foo_chacon)

Sorry for the late reply. But it seems a bug in the WYSIWYG editor. And since it is not updated very often or at all i am not sure if it will get fixed until the next major SMF version releases.
But for the meantime here is a workaround:

you can click on the eye icon and enter the BBCode with the URL. it seems to get messed up if you use the WYSIWYG editor.

redwing

Thanks! This is a test.

So I don't have to click the eye icon as there's no difference if entering the full code. Thanks for the instructions anyway!
Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:33:26 PM by redwing

boroda

not too important for me, but very strange bug:
It counts white spaces as characters too. also it is not very accurate if you are copy and pasting. It is just there as a visual indicator. Ofc you exceed limit and somehow it fails to mention it, there is a backend check and will show alert.
of course, i understand this, but several dozens of chars vs several thousands? its definitely some bug. also its not an exception, it seems that description editor *always* adds ~4500 chars to char count.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Has there been a change to the notification system?

"Instantly" no longer seems to be working and I'm only getting "Daily" notifications.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

phred

• Global Moderator
Has there been a change to the notification system?

"Instantly" no longer seems to be working and I'm only getting "Daily" notifications.
I'm not getting 'daily' notifications, but there's a very long lag from when a 'monitored' thread has a new post and when I received the email notification. I first noticed this about a week or two ago, but attributed it to server slowdown somewhere along the route.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here