Author Topic: Auto calculate album rating - Not working  (Read 4760 times)

markwilliamsweb

Sorry if this has already been noted, I couldn't find it anywhere.

The Auto calculate album rating doesn't seem to be working anymore. I have Album Rating selected in the Album and Track Layout options, but when changing the track ratings it doesn't affect the rating.

I have version 3.0.5995 and the theme is DarkRED Flat.

Thanks,
Mark

Steven

• Administrator
it is recalculating but doesnt refresh the panel immediately. I'll post a patch update later

markwilliamsweb

markwilliamsweb

Many thanks Steven, but I am still having the same issue. It works after restart but doesn't update immediately. I am also getting half stars when the 'Disable half ratings' box is checked.

Steven

• Administrator
if you are using the Album and Tracks layout with the rating by the picture then that should be fixed if you redownload the same link

BRAINS

I didn't want to make a new topic because I have the same problem.

Some albums it auto calculates, some do not.  I tried rescanning the files and closing the program.  No change.

BRAINS

Hi Steven not sure if you ever saw this topic. I tried the most recent beta and this still hasn't fixed the issue.

leifel

Same problem here. The automatic album rating always get the same as of its first track only. I expected something more sophisticated, something like an average calculation that takes the length of each rated track into consideration so that a long track (say 30 minutes) weights more than the rating of shorter tracks. Anyway, it doesn't seem to work whatsoever.

Steven

• Administrator
Still working fine here. Can you post a screenshot so i can see your layout and also indicate how you set the rating eg. click in the main panel

edit:
actually can you send me a link to your settings file (help/ support/ view settings) but still indicate where and how you set the track rating

leifel

You can download my settings-file from my server at:
www.raverian.com/album/MusicBeeSettings.xml

Screenshot (see how album rating is 2.5 star while, for the sake of the test, all tracks except the first are all five stars):

Steven

• Administrator
according to your settings you are displaying the track rating not the album rating

leifel

Aha..! - A bit embarrassing, yes. I adjusted the setting and now it is fine. Thanks!