Author Topic: Trouble moving MB from my Desktop to Smaller Tablets Running MS 8 and 8.1  (Read 1086 times)

borninkansas

I absolutely love MusicBee on my primary PC (ACER All In One, running Windows 8.1).  I have numerous playlists involving a 17GB library of songs.  I want to go mobile with this, and I have 2 brand new devices which I am trying to populate with MB and its playlists. My 2 devices are PC based, running MS 8.0 on one and MS 8.1 on the other.

Both of these are new "clean" machines with nothing on them besides their pre-loaded software and programs (my sole purpose for both devices is for music).

I ran into problems when I started with my 32 GB HP Stream Two in One which only had 16GB of available memory (left over after operating systems/programs), so I elected to put all of my music on a 64GB Micro SD card, inserted into the Stream.

Step one: I did a direct transfer (within Windows Explorer) of the "My Music" folder (by way of USB in PC) to the SD Card. I did a drag and drop of the entire folder onto the card.  Should I have, instead, opened the My Music folder and simply highlighted all songs and drug them onto the card?  I then inserted the loaded SD card into the HP Stream, thinking that my songs would be found. Next step: I downloaded MusicBee onto the HP, hoping it would automatically find the music files. But I get an error message from MB that there are no songs found. So, I need advice on how to do this successfully. To make it easy, I can back up to square one and start all over.

What should I be doing on the ACER PC side of the equation, to get my songs moved over to the HP Stream PC. And then, next, what to do on the HP Stream, in order for MB to function as it does on my main PC. I am not a techie, so I need specific explanations on each step, for clarity, since I am not familiar with a lot of the standard jargon used.

SECOND question seeking an answer:  I am going to do the same thing on an HP Stream 7 Tablet, with a smaller (32GB) micro SD Card loaded from the ACER PC and inserted into the Tables. Would the same steps apply to the Tablet ?

With both HP devices above, I assume that loading the music files onto an SD Card is the quickest and most desirable way to get them onto the smaller devices. And if that is the case, I would like to know the most fool proof way of getting them onto the SD Card.

After MB successfully finds all of the song files on both machines, how do I get my ACER MB playlists onto both of them. In other words, what steps to move the Playlists from the ACER to the two HP's.

Thanks a million in advance for any help that you can give.