Author Topic: AlienFX Visualisation (Alienware Media Plugin)  (Read 26194 times)

qqryq667

Alienware machines owners can use AlienFX Lightning Visualisation (AW plugin). How to do it?
It's simple:

1.Copy WMPAlienFXPlugin.dll based in Alienware\Media Plugin folder in your system
  ( Since it is an optional AlienFX feature plugin must be manually downloaded and installed, otherwise you will not be able to find it)
2. Paste it to MusicBee Plugins folder
3. Run application
4. Start visualiser.
4. Done

Plugin configuration panel (Alienware GUI wrapper) is not available. Perhaps it could be configured via Addon Manager. I'll check it later.

Screenshot:

One thing:
Since MusicBee Visualiser has no option of use in separated window, AlienFX plugin pauses whenever you switch to different tab.

Edit:
Solution:  Use Visualiser in Desktop mode
Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 10:23:31 PM by qqryq667

Steven

• Administrator
For v3.1 of MusicBee you will also be able to show a visualiser in a panel so its always dislayed and i guess you wont have the issue you describe when switching tabs

qqryq667

For v3.1 of MusicBee you will also be able to show a visualiser in a panel so its always dislayed and i guess you wont have the issue you describe when switching tabs

Thanks Steven for good news. Yes, that will solve annoying lightning pausing.

qqryq667

Old, stupid me...
I couldn't open settings panel because of absence settings controls in Visualiser dock...

Anyway, configuration can be done another, very simple way:
You can use either Windows Media Player (WMPAlienFX) or Winamp (WAMPAlienFX) to do plugin configuration.
On the next MusicBee start AlienFX plugin will automatically load your settings.

Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 11:35:40 AM by qqryq667

qqryq667

Plugin can be also added to BBplugin folder. This makes Alienware AlienFX appear on Visualiser list.

Leodj

Do you have anything like this on a normal Windows Pc .. ? ;)
Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 10:03:12 PM by Leodj