Author Topic: Drag and drop from Explorer to Now Playing  (Read 1554 times)

vitesse

Is there a way to drag and drop a file into the now playing tab?
I tried this on my local installation (both 2.5 and after the update to 3) and on a new portable one (which I started normally and as administrator to see if that would work) and it kept showing the crossed out circle.

The way I have MusicBee set up is all my music in Now Playing and shuffle on. The problem is when I get new music, I can't just drag and drop it into now playing. I have to use the built-in explorer to navigate to the specific folder and then drag it in, or right click from Windows Explorer and select queue next/last.

Am I doing something wrong or is that just how it's supposed to be?

Thanks in advance

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Are you running MusicBee as an administrator?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

vitesse

Yes. I tested this in MusicBee (portable) both as administrator and normally. Same behavior.

Also, I'm on Windows 10 with UAC completely disabled (although that shouldn't matter).

Steven

• Administrator
windows doesnt allow you to drag files from a user level process (windows explorer) to an admin privlideged process (when you run MB as an admin).
i think you are saying thats not the case, then the only other thing i can think of is you security software is interfering with MB in some way, so you might try whitelisting MB in that app, and if using Avast, try disabling the deepscan feature

vitesse

That's good to know as a general rule.

The interesting thing is that I did multiple tests before posting, to make sure there wasn't something I missed.
I ran my local app as admin and then not as admin with the same results. Then, I downloaded the portable version to test some more. Not admin, then admin. Same results.
So, after reading your reply, I decided to try disabling admin from my local installation again, with my antivirus (Eset Smart Security 9) off and on.

Somehow it worked. I don't know how or why. Either way, I decided to whitelist MB just in case that was messing with it.
Thanks for the help.
Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 09:52:21 PM by vitesse