Author Topic: Problems with Display Artist tags  (Read 1350 times)

sleepless

Here I have changed the display artist. This means the Display Artist and Artist tags have different values and there is an asterix* in the Artist heading:

But once the track is scanned (send to>file rescan), MB changes the <Artists> info to read the same as the Display Artist and the asterix* in the heading dissappears:

So in the example above, the tags are still correct when viewing them in the tag inspector. However the Artist value in the multiple tag splitter has changed. This value determines the field <Artists> (not <Artist>), and this behavior is messing up several of my virtual tags. It reads "Porya Hatami" instead of "Porya Hatami & Lee Anthony Norris" as in the first pic. I wan't the tags to stay as in the first pic.

Any thoughts what could be causing this?

NOTE: Assuming that this is correct behavior, what field can I use to display the actual artist shown in the tag inspector (in this case "Porya Hatami & Lee Anthony Norris")? <Artist>, <Artists>, <Artists: Artist> all display "Porya Hatami". <Artist Display> is empty, as MB continues to delete it.
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 08:00:24 PM by sleepless