Author Topic: Virtual Devices: add ability to change "storage path" after creation  (Read 2404 times)

unclnis

Hi,

Currently setting the storage path is only possible on creation of a new device. Once it's created - one can not change it.
Would it be possible to have an ability to change this path - after creation of the device?
The reason I'd like to do that is for using an SD card as my virtual device, in case it's drive letter is changed?

For example: when I've created the device - it was recognized as E:\Music, but in case next time I plug the SD and it receives a different drive letter, the new path would be F:\
Music.

Thanks,
Tom

theta_wave

You might be able to do that by editing %AppData%\MusicBee\MusicBee3Settings.ini with notepad or your editor of choice when MusicBee isn't running.  Remember to make a backup of the file just in case anything goes awry.

Look for the heading <DeviceSettings>.  Once you find the device with your old drive letter, change the root path setting to your new one.  Save and restart MusicBee.

Another way is change the drive letter via the Disk Management snap-in console under Computer Management.  Right click your drive/partition and "change drive letter and paths".  Note, in the past under XP this method, for some reason, obliterated the partition table of an internal drive I was using at the time.  Nothing like that happened to me under Windows 7 (yet).
Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 09:29:32 PM by ssri

unclnis

Thanks ssri,
Much appreciated! I imagined there's a manual way for that somewhere in the config files :-)
Best regards!