Author Topic: Showing filesize of an album  (Read 1874 times)

Joey2001

It would be nice to have the filesize of an album in the main-paneel.
Now under the album only the filesize of the first track is listed.

I know this from winamp, where it's possible.

Winamp

Thanks for the attention and your hard work. :-)
Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 11:54:15 AM by Joey2001

redwing

I was trying to sort albums by album size to convert some big albums to lossy format to save space. One place I saw it's possible is Tracks view with one album per line setting. It shows album size with Group by> Collapse albums setting ticked. But if I click on size column to sort albums by the size, albums get split to tracks and they get sorted by track size rather than album size. And ticking/unticking the collapse setting makes no differences. Is this a bug?

If it's not supported, can you add "album size" field so that every view could sort albums by it?
Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 12:31:21 PM by redwing

Steven

• Administrator
I was trying to sort albums by album size to convert some big albums to lossy format to save space. One place I saw it's possible is Tracks view with one album per line setting. It shows album size with Group by> Collapse albums setting ticked. But if I click on size column to sort albums by the size, albums get split to tracks and they get sorted by track size rather than album size. And ticking/unticking the collapse setting makes no differences. Is this a bug?
its definitely not supported in that manner ie. it will be sorting by each file's size

have a look at the dynamic function support boroda74 added to the tag tools plugin, where you can create a function that does sum's or other things and MB can link a function call via a virtual tag. If you have trouble finding what i am referring to let me know. He did a write up how to use it.

redwing

redwing

I just tried it, and the $ALR virtual field shows the album size for each track. But the UI gets frozen most time to the point it's almost unusable. So my wish for "album size" field support still stands.