Author Topic: Format support  (Read 8150 times)

Antonski

Hello,

Looks good, however I would like to see wider format support, especially:

- Musepack SV8 (not only APEv2, but chapters support as well)
 - Monkey Audio
 - TAK

Also, cuesheet support (including embedded cuesheets) and LyricsV2 would be much appreciated.

Keep up the good work!

Tony

Steven

• Administrator
hi, it should already be supporting Monkey Audio - are those files not being scanned into the library and if so, what file extensions do they have?
Musepack Sv8 should also be playable but no chapter support - did you mean just adding chapter support?
TAK - i'm actually been writing a decoder for that now and in the process of testing, so unless some unexpected problems occur it should be in the next release. Support for TAK encoding will follow at a later date

Cuesheets are currently supported on a limited basis - just embeded in FLAC and WavPack files, where the file is expanded into multiple tracks when viewed in the library and played. If you are using embeded cuesheets in another audio format, would you happen to know what tag name is being used? There isnt a standard so if you know it will be helpful. I'm planning to add external cuesheets at a later date

For LyricsV2 - i have never heard of it before and i couldn't find any useful information on the web. Does it go by any other names? or would you happen to know which company created it?

Antonski

Hi,
I was waiting patiently for the next (0.3) release, but unfortunately there is  no Musepack SV8 support yet. You can find a screenshot at the link below:
http://ant0nski.hit.bg/temp/sv8.jpg
About Monkey Audio - you are wright, it plays fine, thank you.
About cuesheet support, I planned to use it with Musepack files (into APEv2 tags). However, I don't know if some player support this, so I've been using external cuesheets (supported by cuesheet player plugin for Winamp). Anyway, I found that chapters are preferable, because it is not so easy to be removed by accident.
About Lyrics, it was my spelling mistake, I've had in mind Lyrics3v2. Unfortunately, I cannot check it now, because I cannot access my old mp3 collection with Lyrics3v2 tags (minor HDD problem, but there is no enough free time to fix it :)).

Cheers

Steven

• Administrator
not sure why it cant play Musepack SV8 files - i didnt have any .mpc files in my collection so i encoded some .mpc files late last year, all of which play fine. I've sent you a PM about this

Steven

• Administrator
the link for the latest musepack dll is in the downloads topic - you need it if you are playing v8 files (antonski, you already have the dll now).
Also for the next update i will show the bitrate, which isnt being retrieved