Author Topic: best way to add manage Various Artists Music Collections ?  (Read 6794 times)

wobbly

OMG I worked it out  if I use library explorer  and add a comment field  that  should do the trick
did not understand that  the setting can be change to whatever field  you like ...
... right click library explorer choose categories

wobbly

I have to say once you understand how Musicbee works its the Best great work

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
That was awesome to watch. Congratulations, wobbly, have fun with it and don't forget to come back here to share the wisdom you gain with newcomers.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

wobbly

one thing I picked up if you use comment field you don't get a drop done menu of what you have already entered  so need to retype every  time .... comment field is no good .... so not there yet ... so then  I tried a custom field

named " Collection" ...  are custom fields save to  audio  file itself ?
i would  like to do this once

so then i thought
i use tagscaner and made a  field named "Collection". but musicbee  is not seeing  it ... is  there a standard field for Collection? 

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Check this out, iTunes compilation handling: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Sorting_%26_Grouping

Comment fields are best used for comments. You'll also find this useful: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Tags
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

wobbly

getting there ... here is where  i'am at now  if I load tag inspector

i can see the tag i made in tagscaner like this

name : COLLECTION   Tagcode: TXXXX/COLLECTION   Value: Test

i then can edit in  tag inspector just fine and tagscaner  can see changers
name : COLLECTION   Tagcode: TXXXX/COLLECTION   Value: hello MB here
so far so good

wobbly

then i get stuck on the next step

if i then go to custom tags tab 1 .... custom 4: i don't see COLLECTION in dropdown menu  
have i missed a step ?
now to get mb to use name : COLLECTION   Tagcode: TXXXX/COLLECTION in custom  tag 4 ?

don't worry When  this is done i will Wright a step by step guide  with lots of pics too
Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 04:58:37 AM by wobbly

wobbly

iam not going anywhere i been using one piece of music software everyday  for 12 years
and Musicbee is the new King so iam here for the long haul

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
You have missed a step. Read this all the way from the top to the bottom: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Tags

wobbly

ok got there ... the problem  is with the instructions on  the  wiki its talking about "Custom Tags"

Define New Tags button you will be prompted to enter the details for the custom tags

so you  click the  Define New Tags button you get taken to a  page  with a big list  of Virtual  tags  ...  few pics highlighting the  correct  box would help
or  even just state make sure you're  working in  Custom Tags
I'm  just  thinking like a teacher
Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 07:20:32 AM by wobbly

wobbly

Enter a label and formula in one of the boxes in the lower half of the dialog.
Now you can add the field to main panel or use the field for "group by" or "sort by".