Author Topic: Sync Links  (Read 20241 times)

MasterP

@boroda I'm just wondering what would be the outcome if i set up file on-the-fly file conversion in device settings for a sync links device using hard links. Would it alter the original file, would it just do nothing or how would it work? I remember a previous version had settings for temporary converted files but never figured that out. And now I don't see those anymore in sync links settings.

Thank you for your work. I use this plugin to sync music to android via Syncthing,

boroda

plugin will copy converted files to the destination folder instead of creating links, if you choose to convert files. now converting files makes sense only for file formats unsupported by destination device (this can be set up in sync link device properties). i've removed the option to create links in any case (this option served to force creating links if conversion caused by embedding artworks only), because syncing time was the same with this option on and off. for now, adjust artwork settings in sync links device properties.
Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 07:53:14 AM by boroda

MasterP

Thanks for the explanation. I mostly need conversion for volume normalization though, since no android player seems to care for replaygain tags...