Author Topic: Sync Links  (Read 20242 times)

boroda

please report back your results after upgrading mb as if its plugin bug i want to fix it.

Space Octopus

• Teach a Man To Reason, He'll Think For a Lifetime
Unfortunately I still get the errors & aborted window with the patch :( Sorry.
Make it so, number one.

Space Octopus

I will help in whatever way I possibly can, to get this fixed.
Oh, btw, I'm using portable Musicbee, could that have an impact?
Make it so, number one.

boroda

no, the only difference between portable and regular mb is where mb stores its service data: either in folder <musicbee application folder>\appdata or in folder <appdata>\musicbee. i'll now reread your bug report and maybe prepare debug plugin version.

boroda

@Space Octopus

Steven has found out why this error happens, try mb latest patch:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

Space Octopus

He already told me to do that. I had tried it, but I tried again just now for kicks, and still have the problem.
It just says "synchronization not completed" at the bottom of Music Bee, and the window that popped up says "aborted" at the top. I'm stumped.

What's ultra weird is if I try to do it as soon as I open MusicBee (immediately), it works for a few seconds, and some of the links get made, but then it eventually stops working pretty quick.
Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 06:23:24 AM by Space Octopus
Make it so, number one.

boroda

check error log (help> support> error log) at the bottom of file to see if it contains any info about syncing.

Steven

• Administrator
He already told me to do that. I had tried it, but I tried again just now for kicks, and still have the problem.
i made a further change after that so you need to redownload it

Space Octopus

I did mention that I tried it again after boroda said to. It still doesn't work. Unless you mean after that, even.
I will try again, but I believe it's the same one.

P.S. I did check error log. There seems to actually be nothing about the plugin. The only errors I have are from other stuff, a few days ago.
Make it so, number one.

Space Octopus

Yeah, just like before, neither the patch or the most recent version of the plugin are fixing this for me. :/
Make it so, number one.

boroda

*this* error seems to to be a plugin bug. i'll try to check this.

Gkkiux

Hi,

So I got the same error and wanted to figure out what's going on. After an evening of learning to debug dlls I came across an error in
Code
syncedFiles.Add(syncedTrackFilename, 0);
Apparently the file list has duplicates, which makes that line fail dramatically. Seemed like an easy enough fix, but now this ends up null when syncing playlists:
Code
string reencodedFileName = Plugin.MbApiInterface.Sync_FileStart(filename)
Any idea what's going on here?

zkhcohen

Hi,

So I got the same error and wanted to figure out what's going on. After an evening of learning to debug dlls I came across an error in
Code
syncedFiles.Add(syncedTrackFilename, 0);
Apparently the file list has duplicates, which makes that line fail dramatically. Seemed like an easy enough fix, but now this ends up null when syncing playlists:
Code
string reencodedFileName = Plugin.MbApiInterface.Sync_FileStart(filename)
Any idea what's going on here?

Hey. I don't know if this works for your specific use-case, but there's currently a new, improved wifi sync app in beta. If you're interested, follow the topic below:

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=27681.new;topicseen#new

Gkkiux

Thanks, looks like there's now a new thread to follow. It would be nice to fix this plugin just for the sake of it though

boroda

new plugin version released:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0lwi8gfrax8uoo9/mb_SyncLinks_latest.zip/file

various bugfixes.

go to "edit> preferences> plugins> sync links"  (or "Tools> Sync Links Settings", which is the same thing) after installing/updating plugin, some sync settings are moved there from sync links device properties. If you have decided to use Resilio Sync in conjunction with Sync Links for syncing with Android, it's recommended to disable "Selective Sync" and "Preferences> Use archive" options, and enable "Preferences> Overwrite changed files" option for Sync Links folder on Android.

it's recommended to update mb to latest patch:

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee35_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 01:16:31 AM by boroda