Author Topic: Location of Search Box in MB3  (Read 3004 times)

worm929

Hey guys, I recently upgraded to MB3 and while I like some of the changes and new customizations I found myself greatly frustated at not being able to move or even resize the search box:

Before v3:

After v3:

Is there really no way to change it back to a nice big size and centered location?

Starmender

Preferences -> Layout (1) -> header bar -> commands buttons -> Customize Layout -> Show buttons in a separate bar.
After that you can resize searchbox by dragging its left edge.
Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 05:34:37 PM by starmender

worm929

Great!

It's not exactly what I was looking for but it's still much better.

Thanks for your help

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You shouldn't need to put the buttons in a separate bar for that.  You can clearly see the "grab handle" for the search box in your screenshot.  However, the search box can't be resized in the caption bar.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

worm929

You shouldn't need to put the buttons in a separate bar for that.  You can clearly see the "grab handle" for the search box in your screenshot.  However, the search box can't be resized in the caption bar.

I think you got it wrong, the handle that you mention is on the previous version, MusicBee 2.5, that is where I want the search box to be located (centered). The other screenshot below it shows the current MBv3 that has the search box at the top right corner, soo far away from everything.