Author Topic: How do you guys tag "bonus discs"  (Read 6444 times)

jasongnome

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?  I made the custom tag "trackyear" and it doesn't show up anywhere.  How is this different than what I am doing above?

You have to tell it to show up, right click on the headings at the top of the main view and you can select which fields show.

The way it's different is that the track now has two date tags, the date of release of the album it's on and the date of release of the track itself.

BRAINS

Sorry I don't understand what you mean?  I made the custom tag "trackyear" and it doesn't show up anywhere.  How is this different than what I am doing above?

You have to tell it to show up, right click on the headings at the top of the main view and you can select which fields show.

The way it's different is that the track now has two date tags, the date of release of the album it's on and the date of release of the track itself.
Would you mind posting a screenshot?

jasongnome

https://s32.postimg.org/mftfb1wfp/musicbee1.png

The column that just shows Trac... is the "Trackyear" field that is one of the customtags I renamed. Rightclicking on any of those headings brings up a menu, selecting "Set displayed fields..." lets you choose which tags show in the main field.

You'll notice that bottom right where the album image is, I've also designed it to show both years for the track now playing. To do that rightclick on the words "track information" and one of the options in the drop down menu is "customise panel...". All I did was edit the 4th box to "Album: <Year> Track: <Trackyear>"