Author Topic: virtual tags & rating  (Read 3205 times)

whismerhill

hi,
so I like the view : "Album & Tracks" a lot  it's my main view
I use the fields : "Album,Year,Genre,Date Added,Album Rating,Comment" next to each album
now there's a lot of space beside year & album rating
so I was wondering on a virtual tag to combine both to make them to occupy a single line
I've tried : "<Year><Album Rating>"
but it doesn't display the stars of the album rating, I searched but found no results on how to do this.
Any tips ?

thanks.

redwing

Virtual tags will display rating fields as numbers rather than stars.
Auto size all columns (right click on column header) command doesn't help?

vincent kars

You might try something like this in a virtual tag
$Replace(<Rating>,4,****)
If this works, nest a couple of if statements

whismerhill

wow I completely forgot this  ;D
thanks for the replies.
Unfortunately it doesn't work
example :
<Year> , <Album Rating> , $Replace(<Album Rating>,100,*****)
an album in 2012 with 5 star album rating will output
2012 , 100 , *****

the stars are left as is, so simple text it is...

boroda

haven't understood what doesn't work for you, but why are you using "<Year> , <Album Rating> , $Replace(<Album Rating>,100,*****)" instead of "<Year> , $Replace(<Album Rating>,100,*****)"?

whismerhill

it's a test field that's why. a bit like when you code stuff and you add a message box that displays a value in your code, you don't keep it at the end of the day but you use it to check the functionality of your code.

and what doesn't work is that the goal was to display the rating as real graphical stars as used by music bee in other fields by default & not simple "*" character.

boroda

and what doesn't work is that the goal was to display the rating as real graphical stars as used by music bee in other fields by default & not simple "*" character.
no, its not possible right now. you might want to post a wish on wishlist board.

boroda

possible solution without any Steven's help would be to use in the main panel custom font, which contains 'graphical star' character along with generic letters, numbers and standard symbols, but i'm even not sure if such font exists. you might copy 'star' from some font of wingdings/webdings family to any font you want (there are a number of free applications for font editing).

whismerhill

seems overly complicated but thanks for the tip anyway  ;)

boroda

standard windows 'Sergoe UI' font (its mb default font) contains 'star' (★).